FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Mass celebrated on the hood of a car
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: KorJeepSvc.jpg]

[Image: 986-062109kapaun03.slideshow_main.prod_affiliate.80.JPG]
[Image: BE030512.jpg?size=67&uid=e6abd572-9085-4...768693fd2f]

Who knew I would like it?
The image doesn't show up. Father Z doesn't like hot-linking.

Also, wasn't this thread just called "Epic Picture of the Mass"?

edit: Grr, you fixed it. That was not the picture I expected, actually.
That's pretty solid.
I wonder if any chaplain has celebrated the TLM in Afghanistan/Iraq in the last decade??
(07-15-2011, 02:45 AM)m.PR Wrote: [ -> ]The image doesn't show up. Father Z doesn't like hot-linking.

Also, wasn't this thread just called "Epic Picture of the Mass"?

edit: Grr, you fixed it. That was not the picture I expected, actually.

Yeah, I decided I would get more customers with the new title.

And take that Father Z! I still got the picture! 
There are old Mass pictures here.

I've seen another picture of Mass being celebrated on the hood of a car, and other pictures of the TLM celebrated outdoors, each very awesome. Maybe somebody else will find them and post them. Heck, maybe they are on the site I just linked...
The last picture made me wonder how serving Mass on the battlefield worked, unless he was just there simply for responses (and maybe moving the missal at the appropriate times).
Beautiful pictures!

The looks on some of the soldier's faces tell alot about their faith and the life threatening situation war brings to man.  It would gladly hear Holy Mass said on the hood of a truck while kneeling in the mud so long as it's the Mass of All Ages and not some heretical navel-gazing kumbayah fest in a shag-carpeted NO temple.

Again, beautiful pics.  Thanks for sharing.
I want to see solemn Mass on the hood of a Humvee now.
(07-16-2011, 01:39 AM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: [ -> ]I want to see solemn Mass on the hood of a Humvee now.

Couldn't find a pic of that.  But. here is another picture:

[Image: Chaplain-Holds-Battlefield-Mass-KOR-ADB]