FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Archdiocese of Westminster to host gay dissent weekend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Archbishop Vincent Nichols' pastoral centre to host conference for dissenting Catholic gays

Next week Quest, "a group of lesbian and gay Catholics", will be holding its annual conference. The conference venue is the All Saints' Pastoral Centre at London Colney. The centre is both owned by, and part of, the Catholic Archdiocese of Westminster, headed currently by Archbishop Vincent Nichols. Quest's website gives a clear indication of how Quest and those commentators who support it dissent defiantly from Catholic teaching on sexual ethics:

"[H]omosexual sex is not an incomplete or less perfect expression of human sexuality ... I also want to affirm that I regard heterosexual and homosexual sex as having the same potential and value ... I disagree fundamentally with Church teaching on this issue."
"[T]he teaching of the Vatican Congregations....is incompatible with the Gospel"
"Quest, an association for lesbian and gay Catholics, welcomes in general the government's proposals to provide for legal recognition of same-sex partnerships."

...Here are the clear instructions of Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger (now Pope Benedict XVI) as Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith in a 1986 letter to all the world's bishops regarding homosexuals [my emphasis in bold]:

“All support should be withdrawn from any organizations which seek to undermine the teaching of the Church, which are ambiguous about it, or which neglect it entirely. Such support, or even the semblance of such support, can be gravely misinterpreted. Special attention should be given to the practice of scheduling religious services and to the use of Church buildings by these groups, including the facilities of Catholic schools and colleges. To some, such permission to use Church property may seem only just and charitable; but in reality it is contradictory to the purpose for which these institutions were founded, it is misleading and often scandalous”.

http://spuc-director.blogspot.com/2011/0...re-to.html

ah more catholics and bishops in full communion and in the right sense
sip
mmmmmmm
(07-15-2011, 01:41 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: [ -> ]ah more catholics and bishops in full communion and in the right sense
sip
mmmmmmm

My sentiments, exactly.
As the saying goes, Nothing New under the Sun! As it was in the time of Sodama and Gomorah, so it will be in our time! Pray
I ask a simple question. Why does pope Benedict allow these guys to stay in office ?
(07-15-2011, 05:54 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]I ask a simple question. Why does pope Benedict allow these guys to stay in office ?

I ask the same question. Where is the leadership in the Church today? When will we get a Pope who actually seems to care about defending the Faith and getting rid of those who trample on it? When will we get to the point where we feel we can trust diocesan bishops to actually be Catholic and not just Catholic in name only? I've gotten to the point where I really could care less who my bishop is because I have so little faith he is going to actually uphold the teachings of the Church, and by Church I mean Church as she was before 1965. Sadly I heard an Anglican once say that he chose to become Orthodox instead of Catholic because he saw that to actually defend Catholic doctrine would be to pretty much be out of favor with most of the leadership of the official Church which to him seemed little more than High Church Anglicanism with a Pope.
(07-15-2011, 01:36 PM)westminster Wrote: [ -> ]

What an absolute load of bollocks.
Every English martyr who went to the chopping block rather than deny Christ must be rolling over in their grave while people like the "Archbishop" pander to the modernist crowd while under NO PRESSURE TO DO SO. The martyrs had extreme pressure as they were being hunted - it would be easier to excuse one from apostasy while being ruthlessly hunted back in the 16th century from now when people like the Archbishop apostatize while their life is in no grave danger. A damn, crying shame.  (Not that I'm excusing apostasy - nothing could be further from the truth - I'm just sayin')
(07-15-2011, 05:54 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]I ask a simple question. Why does pope Benedict allow these guys to stay in office ?

That topic of discussion is forbidden here.