FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: What is the difference between the Church Militant and Church Pilgrim?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is the difference between the Church Militant and Church Pilgrim?
Uh-oh.  I've never heard of the Church Pilgrim.  Shrug

I guess we'll find out.
The Church Militant has been in hiding in the bunkers since around 1965
The "Militant Church" is comprised of all the living faithful in Christ who wrestle "not against flesh and blood; but against principalities and power, against the rulers of the world of this darkness, against the spirits of wickedness in the high places." (Eph. 6:12)

The "Pilgrim Church" is just a John Paul II soundbite, a novel term associated with one of the worst periods of Church history.
(07-15-2011, 05:55 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]The Church Militant has been in hiding in the bunkers since around 1965

LOL
So than the three "states" of the Faithful/mankind are still?

1) Church Militant - On Earth
2) Church Suffering  - In Purgatory
3) Church Triumphant - In Haven
Yeah, except the Church triumphant are in Heaven.
If you ask some people, the "Church Pilgrim" includes all of humanity, baptized or not, professers of the true Faith or not*.  Of course, there's no such thing as the Church Pilgrim, but I wouldn't be shocked if some -- or even a lot of -- Catholics believed there was one.

* Taken from certain texts from Vatican II and Pope John Paul II, where Christ is said to have, by His Incarnation, united Himself with all of humanity.