FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Traditional Catholic Ordination
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's a link to some awesome and beautiful photos of the latest (June 2011) ordinations for the CMRI at Mount St. Michael's:

http://www.cmri.org/slides-ordinations-2011/index.html

Fr. Brendan Legg and Fr. Michael Oswalt were the ordinands. 

Also, notice the number of traditional priests in the pics during the laying on of hands.  Deo Gratias!

I was there visiting, and sang in the choir. It is good they have a big chapel. There was standing room only in the church, and members from different choirs around the US made up the 100 or so people singing the Mass of Our Lady Queen of the Franciscan Order. I couldn't stay to meet any of the priests - I had to move on get back to work. It was beautiful and inspiring though :)
(07-26-2011, 02:34 PM)Aenigmata in Tenebris Wrote: [ -> ]I was there visiting, and sang in the choir. It is good they have a big chapel. There was standing room only in the church, and members from different choirs around the US made up the 100 or so people singing the Mass of Our Lady Queen of the Franciscan Order. I couldn't stay to meet any of the priests - I had to move on get back to work. It was beautiful and inspiring though :)

You were very blessed to have been able to attend the ordinations of Fr Oswalt and Fr. Legg.  I heard it was beautiful and inspiring.  I always have admired the CMRI priests, brothers and sisters - they're are truly devoted to the Church and the preservation of the Faith.
Good of you to put this up.  Two more priests to intercede for us is a great blessing. 

Joe
(07-26-2011, 03:20 PM)joe17 Wrote: [ -> ]Good of you to put this up.  Two more priests to intercede for us is a great blessing. 

Joe

We definitely need more priests to pray for us.  I was very inspired by Fr. Oswalt's situation.  His letter to his former novus ordo colleagues is amazing:

http://www.cmri.org/02-oswalt-letter-to-...cese.shtml

Mike
(07-26-2011, 03:35 PM)NECatholic Wrote: [ -> ]We definitely need more priests to pray for us.  I was very inspired by Fr. Oswalt's situation.  His letter to his former novus ordo colleagues is amazing:

Mike

Wow, I knew he had been a priest of the Novus Ordo, but I had never read his reasons for the choices he made. His level of education is plain. He seems to have a very orderly and organized - I am going to guess melancholic personality.
(07-26-2011, 06:11 PM)Aenigmata in Tenebris Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-26-2011, 03:35 PM)NECatholic Wrote: [ -> ]We definitely need more priests to pray for us.  I was very inspired by Fr. Oswalt's situation.  His letter to his former novus ordo colleagues is amazing:

Mike

Wow, I knew he had been a priest of the Novus Ordo, but I had never read his reasons for the choices he made. His level of education is plain. He seems to have a very orderly and organized - I am going to guess melancholic personality.

I heard about Fr. Oswalt's decision to leave the NO presbyterate and seek refuge in the CMRI under Bishop Pivarunas over a year ago.  Fr. Oswalt took a great risk leaving the Novus Ordo church, ie: his pension, his reputation, security, etc.  and he is to be commended to have the courage and spiritual fortitude received from Almighty God to do what he did.  Many NO presbyters seek the Fullness and Truth of the Catholic Faith but they become weak when they realize they would have to forsake and sacrifice their livelihoods, rectories, parishes, pensions and stability along with their reputations if they left the NO church.  It reminds me of the passage in Mark about the rich man asking to follow Jesus:

And Jesus looking on him, loved him, and said to him: One thing is wanting unto thee: go, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me. [22] Who being struck sad at that saying, went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions. [23] And Jesus looking round about, saith to his disciples: How hardly shall they that have riches, enter into the kingdom of God! [24] And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus again answering, saith to them: Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches, to enter into the kingdom of God? [25] It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Pray for those NO presbyters who know where the True Faith lies but are too weak to follow It.
:pray: