FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The miracle of the sun Fatima 2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
[Image: milagre2011%2528fatima2011.blogs.sapo.pt%2529.JPG]

Uhhh, isn't that just a Sun Halo?

I just saw one here in Ontario a couple weeks ago...

[Image: 230px-Sun_halo_optical_phenomenon_edit.jpg]

[Image: 230px-Halo_padang.jpg]

[Image: 250px-Solar-halo-inca-trail-20080928.jpg]

Etc.
God forgive me if I'm off on this one, but those happen pretty frequently.  Maybe just not in Portugal?...???
(07-27-2011, 04:15 PM)Pheo Wrote: [ -> ]Uhhh, isn't that just a Sun Halo?

I just saw one here in Ontario a couple weeks ago...

[Image: 230px-Sun_halo_optical_phenomenon_edit.jpg]

[Image: 230px-Halo_padang.jpg]

[Image: 250px-Solar-halo-inca-trail-20080928.jpg]

Etc.
God forgive me if I'm off on this one, but those happen pretty frequently.  Maybe just not in Portugal?...???

That's false, actually most photos of sun halos are photoshops. But this was witnessed by  200.000 people.
(07-27-2011, 04:20 PM)Thomas Patron Wrote: [ -> ]That's false, actually most photos of sun halos are photoshops. But this was witnessed by  200.000 people.

Also false.  I just saw one about two weeks ago.  I've seen many in my short life.  And many many more moon halos (especially in winter).

Is this another "trads-making-trads-look-bad" thread?
(07-27-2011, 04:22 PM)Pheo Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-27-2011, 04:20 PM)Thomas Patron Wrote: [ -> ]That's false, actually most photos of sun halos are photoshops. But this was witnessed by  200.000 people.

Also false.  I just saw one about two weeks ago.  I've seen many in my short life.  And many many more moon halos (especially in winter).

Judging by that post being his first on the forum, yes.
(07-27-2011, 04:22 PM)Pheo Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah, having seen quite a few with my own eyes, I don't think they were 'photoshopped'! :)
But even if its not miraculous, and brings people closer to their faith?... no harm, right
(07-27-2011, 04:27 PM)SaintSophia Wrote: [ -> ]But even if its not miraculous, and brings people closer to their faith?... no harm, right

IMHO, calling natural events 'miracles' is not going to bring anyone closer to the faith, in fact, probably quite the opposite. :)
None of the sun halos photos that you post can be verified. Sorry the point is that most are photoshoped.
The only sun halo that is verified by thousands of people is this of the miracle of the sun at Fatima.
They aren't declared miracles...or so I thought. I'm not saying declare one when it isn't just that if it moves people then its a good thing.
Pages: 1 2 3 4