FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: How YOU Can Become One of God’s Favorites!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I had always wondered if such a thing was possible to actually become one of God's "favorites", or if God never has "favorites"?

I found some information on this subject which seems to be very solid?

What do you think?

What I found, with some other interesting and somewhat similar information with links, by scrolling down a little, is on the web page at:
http://www.shrineofsaintjude.net/homenews.html

Thanks for reading!

A Catholic Catholic
I clicked on the link, and I'm sorry I couldn't see what exactly you were referring to. "Become one of God's favorites?" But I must say that is the most absurd thing I've heard in a long time! Good grief. God save me from wanting that. I just pray to become whatever it is that He has in mind for me to be. That is enough; that's perfection--for me, anyway.
Thank you for your response.

Sorry for the confusion.  Here, again, is the link to the web page:
http://www.shrineofsaintjude.net/homenews.html

After you are on this web page, simply scroll down several or more inches (this distance varies depending on your computer system) until you get to a box which says:  "How YOU Can Become One of God’s Favorites!"  under which is "How YOU Can Overcome All Temptations in Advance!" 

These are linked to the appropriate web page which explains how a number of famous Catholic Saints knew and used this "secret", so to speak, to make greater advancements in the living of the Spiritual Life and thus get a much higher place in Heaven, closer to God.  I found this to be very exciting information!

If you scroll down further, you will find additional subjects treated such as articles on "Suffering and Adversity", "How Can You Profit from Suffering and Adversity?", "Why Should I Forgive Anyone?", "What Was It Like In the Roman Catholic Seminary BEFORE All of the Many Changes Council Vatican 2 Made?" (the web page to which this links has many photographs from a very brief biographical sketch of the personal experiences of one Roman Catholic Priest which makes it even more interesting reading, it seems to me), etc.

Thanks for reading.

A Catholic Catholic
I took a quick look. Do the Dimond brothers have more than one site?
I'm God's favorite.

The rest of you have to compete for second place.

Bronx Cheer
I thought God's favourites were the Jews!

What did I miss?
(07-29-2011, 11:02 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]I thought God's favourites were the Jews!

What did I miss?

The Incarnation, apparently.  ;D 
St. John was Christ's favorite, and the devotion associated with St. John is the Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. So if you're interested in being one of God's favorites, then pick up a copy of Fr. Croiset"s Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and learn more. You can start here http://www.catholictradition.org/Two-Hea...votion.htm, but you can also get the book from TAN.
(07-30-2011, 01:37 AM)charlesh Wrote: [ -> ]St. John was Christ's favorite, and the devotion associated with St. John is the Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. So if you're interested in being one of God's favorites, then pick up a copy of Fr. Croiset"s Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and learn more. You can start here http://www.catholictradition.org/Two-Hea...votion.htm, but you can also get the book from TAN.

Thank you.

I don't get why people here find this idea of trying to become one of God's favorites so funny. I have always conceived of Heaven as a place where there is a hierarchy of sorts - the Holy Virgin being the greatest saint, and from there the pyramid goes down to those who barely made it. Or maybe those who barely made it are nearer the top to those who led largely good lives. The thing is, there is some sort of hierarchy, even though every soul is also equal.
That others may become holier than I, provided that I may become as holy as I should, O Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.

-From the Litany of Humility
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6