FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: St John Vianney
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Today, Aug 4 is the feastday of St John Vianney Cure of Ars France of whom the devil once said "if there were but 3 like hm in the world my power would be defeated" paraphrasing but close

A very holy saint who had the gift of reading souls and prophecy. Once, a local parishner heard a female voice coming from his room; suprised, she went to sneak a look and saw a most beautiful lady. She asked him about it and he kind of admitted it was the Blessed Mother.

I pray for his intercession much, you should too.
St. John Marie Vianney, pray for us.

And before anyone makes a comment about his feast day being moved, the Cure actually died on August 4 - for what it's worth.
According to my missal today is the Feast of Saint Dominic. The Feast of Saint John Vianney isn't until August 8. 

Or are you using the NO calendar?
St. John Vianney did something very important for me once, and I have asked for his intercession every day since then.
Quote: According to my missal today is the Feast of Saint Dominic. The Feast of Saint John Vianney isn't until August 8.

Yes, he's using the new calendar. I'm just saying that St. John's actual death date is today, August 4 - as it appears on the new calendar.
(08-04-2011, 02:08 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote: According to my missal today is the Feast of Saint Dominic. The Feast of Saint John Vianney isn't until August 8.

Yes, he's using the new calendar. I'm just saying that St. John's actual death date is today, August 4 - as it appears on the new calendar.

I really think we should one calendar...
I have both calendars. I place the importance on when he died, b/c on that day saints are especially powerful
(08-04-2011, 02:05 PM)ErinIsNice Wrote: [ -> ]St. John Vianney did something very important for me once, and I have asked for his intercession every day since then.

I am glad to hear that. He is one of my favoite saints. I wish he could be here today to straighten out this mess we are in.
(08-04-2011, 02:11 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-04-2011, 02:08 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: [ -> ]

I really think we should one calendar...

Yes, we should, but the Church has added saints since 1962. Does the old calendar celebrate the feasts of St. Faustina, Maximilian Kolbe, Padre Pio, etc? A single calendar would have to reflect those changes.
Where did they move St. Dominic's feast? He's August 4th in my calendar.
Pages: 1 2