FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: large families
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What if someone goes and tells a mother shopping in a supermarket with her 7 kids and tells her," my goodness, when are you going to stop? It is much better with 2 and less stressful "

How do you deal with this?
I'd say that I can't stop until I've outbred all the other people.

Then go on my merry way.
"Behold my vast empire.  I win."
(08-05-2011, 05:05 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]I'd say that I can't stop until I've outbred all the other people.

Then go on my merry way.

LOL

Just ignore it, it's really not a big deal.
I tell them that I have a responsibility to ensure that my superior traits are well-supplied in the gene pool.
(08-05-2011, 05:07 PM)Louis_Martin Wrote: [ -> ]"Behold my vast empire.  I win."

This.   LOL

Altho it is difficult to shop with just a single toddler...I can't imagine shopping with 7 children.  Daddy (or grandma or a neighbor, etc.) needs to babysit.
(08-05-2011, 05:24 PM)Underdog Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-05-2011, 05:07 PM)Louis_Martin Wrote: [ -> ]"Behold my vast empire.  I win."

This.   LOL

Altho it is difficult to shop with just a single toddler...I can't imagine shopping with 7 children.  Daddy (or grandma or a neighbor, etc.) needs to babysit.

This to both. I took all 3 of mine grocery shopping and it was a nightmare.
(08-05-2011, 05:21 PM)JayneK Wrote: [ -> ]I tell them that I have a responsibility to ensure that my superior traits are well-supplied in the gene pool.

This!  LOL LOL LOL
(08-05-2011, 05:24 PM)Underdog Wrote: [ -> ]Altho it is difficult to shop with just a single toddler...I can't imagine shopping with 7 children.  Daddy (or grandma or a neighbor, etc.) needs to babysit.

By the time there are seven children the older ones are helping with the younger ones and the parents tend to have developed a lot of organization.  I wouldn't be surprised if it is easier than going with a single toddler.

That said, I avoid shopping with children as much as possible.
I should note my comment is anticipatory. I have no children, I'm not married.
Pages: 1 2