FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The Reconciliation of Penitents (Sarum Rite)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A re-enactment of the reconciliation of the penitents in the Sarum Rite.

Fantastic!  Thank you
Yay for Anglicanism!?
(08-06-2011, 03:55 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: [ -> ]Yay for Anglicanism!?

The Sarum Rite was a Catholic Rite
(08-06-2011, 04:55 PM)acatholiclife Wrote: [ -> ]

You mean IS a Catholic Rite.  The Sarum Rite was never abrogated by the Church (as far as I know) - sure, it fell into major disuse after the English DEformation but technically it is still a lawful Rite in the Catholic Church just like the Dominican Rite, etc..  The Novus Ordo Church in the UK is so messed up right now and infatuated with Vat. II. that the mere thought of offering a regular Sarum Rite Mass would be anathema and would probably make the bishop's teeth itch - not to mention the "ecumenical" situation with the Anglicans over the Sarum Rite would get everyone's panties in a bunch.  The only one "doing" the Sarum Rite with any regularity are the High Church Anglicans - and even they don't do it very often. 
Very beautiful but this will always be a curiosity and an enigma - never a norm in today's world or in the near future.  Vatican II has pretty much destroyed any interest and faith in these ancient rites (outside of a few handful of adherents within the NO church and High Church Anglicanism) and the promoters and idolaters of Vatican II will always denigrate them with an astonishing degree of success.  This includes the TLM. 

The Novus Ordo rules in today's world, folks.  Get used to it.
Are there any traditionalists that offer the Sarum Rite regularly?

But these are Anglicans celebrating at an Anglican church. Is what we're seeing then still Catholic?

I know the Sarum Rite is a Catholic Rite, but is it still considered such when Protestants use it?
(08-06-2011, 05:19 PM)acatholiclife Wrote: [ -> ]Are there any traditionalists that offer the Sarum Rite regularly?

A number of the Anglican-Use churches that Benedict has ushered into the church do. 
(08-06-2011, 05:20 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: [ -> ]

But these are Anglicans celebrating at an Anglican church. Is what we're seeing then still Catholic?

I'm not sure if the people in the videos are Catholic but I'd doubt it.  Again, the UK Catholic Church (Novus Ordo) today is [b]not[/b] into this sort of thing by any stretch of the imagination.  Very few British Catholic priests would do such a ceremony - never mind a bishop.  The High Church Anglicans would do such a service if they feel like doing something different or out of the ordinary.
Pages: 1 2