FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Novena for the "Assumption of the B.V.M." Aug.6-14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Start novena for the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary on August 6th. ending August 14th. the vigil of the Feast Day.

[Image: AssumptionA1.jpg]

Novena to the
Assumption of the Virgin Mary

Mary, Queen Assumed into Heaven,
I rejoice that after years of heroic martyrdom on earth,
Thou hast at last been taken to the throne
prepared for Thee in heaven by the Holy Trinity.

Lift my heart with Thee in the glory of Thy Assumption
above the dreadful touch of sin and impurity.
Teach me how small earth becomes when viewed from heaven.
Make me realize that death is the triumphant gate
through which I shall pass to Thy Son,
and that someday my body shall rejoin my soul
in the unending bliss of heaven.

From this earth,
over which I tread as a pilgrim,
I look to Thee for help.
I ask for this favor:

(State your intention here...)

When my hour of death has come,
lead me safely to the presence of Jesus
to enjoy the vision of my God for all eternity together with Thee.

Excellent link below:

http://www.catholictradition.org/Assumpt...mption.htm
[Image: assump2.jpg]

The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
(Taken from "Treasury of Novenas" with
Meditations by Rev. Lawrence G. Lovasik, S.V.D.)

MEDITATION

The Blessed Virgin Mary obeyed the law of death, but her death was rather a peaceful slumber, a gentle separation of the soul from the body. Her soul reached such a degree of love that it seemed unable to rest any longer except in the blissful embrace of the Blessed Trinity. It left her immaculate body and sped to enjoy the blessed vision of God. But soon her beautiful soul was again united to her body which lay peacefully in the tomb, and suddenly Mary stood immortal and glorified, clothed in queenly glory.

As angels sang their hymns of praise, Mary was raised on high to the Kingdom of glory by God's own power. Who can tell the joy of that loving embrace whereby Jesus welcomed and admitted His own Virgin Mother to unending union with Him in the glory of heaven!

Mary's peaceful tomb had been opened by the Apostles and found to be empty. Tradition tells us that beautiful flowers filled the place where her body had once lain, and heavenly music enveloped her empty tomb. The Apostles then realized that she had been taken up into heaven, soul and body.

It was fitting that Mary should be assumed into heaven with soul and body. By her Assumption, God honoured her body that was always the temple in which He dwelt by grace. It was a gate through which the Son of God, the Divine Word, passed to earth and became Man.

It was fitting that Mary's holy and virginal body which gave flesh and blood to the God of all sanctity, the Victor over death, should never experience the corruption of the grave. Death and corruption are a result of original sin; but by her Immaculate Conception Mary was preserved from original sin and its effects.

Mary offered herself to suffering and her beloved Son to death for the redemption of mankind; it was fitting that she should be united with Him in glory.

We should rejoice that after years of suffering on earth, Mary has at last been taken to the throne prepared for her in heaven where she reigns with her Son. The Church expresses this joy on the solemn feast of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary, August 15, which is also a Holy Day of Obligation.

THE WORD OF GOD

"We know that when the earthly tent in which we dwell is destroyed we have a dwelling provided for us by God, a dwelling in the heavens, not made by hands but to last forever." (2 Cor 5:1)

"Mary has chosen the better portion and she shall not be deprived of it." (Lk 10:42)

"A great sign appeared in the sky, a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars." (Rv 12:1)

Sermon on The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
http://www.sspxasia.com/sermons/Assumpti...-08-15.mp3

Thanks, Cindy.

Today -- Saturday -- is the day to start this novena, fishies. 
Thank you very much for posting this!  Maybe you can do this in the future for other major Feasts of the Church!  Pray

God bless!
Thank you Cindy, I really needed this Novena today.
God Bless you.

Would you perhaps be aware of any Novenas or special devotions to Our Lady of La Salette? Feast Day September 19.
(08-06-2011, 07:16 PM)Guy Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you Cindy, I really needed this Novena today.
God Bless you.

Would you perhaps be aware of any Novenas or special devotions to Our Lady of La Salette? Feast Day September 19.

You are all very welcome.
Guy, I found this:
http://www.catholictradition.org/Mary/salette.htm

PRAYERS FROM THE RACCOLTA

OUR LADY OF LA SALETTE
An Invocation

Our Lady of la Salette, Reconciler of sinners, pray without ceasing for us who have recourse to thee.

This once carried an indulgence of 300 days (S. P. Ap., Nov. 7, 1927 and Dec. 11, 1933).

A Prayer

Remember, our Lady of La Salette, true Mother of sorrows, the tears which thou didst shed for me on Calvary; be mindful also of the unceasing care which thou dost exercise to screen me from the justice of God; and consider whether thou canst now abandon thy child, for whom thou hast done so much. Inspired by this consoling thought, I come to cast myself at thy feet, in spite of my infidelity and ingratitude. Reject not my prayer, O Virgin of reconciliation, convert me, obtain for me the grace to love Jesus Christ above all things and to console thee too by living a holy life, in order that one day I may be able to see thee in Heaven. Amen.

This once carried an indulgence of 500 days (S. P. Ap., Nov. 7, 1927 and Dec. 12, 1933).

Upcoming novenas:

August 13- Immaculate Heart of Mary
August 25- St. Pius X
Sept. 6- our Sorrowful Mother
Sept 17-North American Martyrs
Sept.28- Our Lady of the Rosary

IF anyone is interested, in my travels around the internet, I discovered what is called an Annual Solemn Novena to the Immaculate Heart of Mary which concludes with a Mass on the Feast Day.  This web site also has a number of Masses on the Feast of the Assumption.

Here is the link for those interested  (be sure to scroll down some distance from the top - distance will vary with each computer system - on mine I had to scroll down about 35 inches, more or less):
http://www.shrineofsaintjude.net/homenews.html

God Bless You!

A Catholic Catholic
Thank you Cindy!
(08-06-2011, 03:04 PM)Gert Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you very much for posting this!  Maybe you can do this in the future for other major Feasts of the Church!   Pray

God bless!

Cindy is very reliable about doing this.  There is also a Novena subforum under the Oratory forum and I try to post major Novenas in there but I'm not sure people refer to it much.  Anybody can post a Novena in either forum so if you've got a favorite, don't hesitate to post.
Pages: 1 2