FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Children
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why is there such a love affair among trads for large families? I am not criticizing them I just want to know why?
they usually happen when you dont contracept

ofcourse theres other scenarios that could still limit family size

but ultimately its because we must out breed everyone raise up an army and start the next crusades
Genesis 1:28, for starters.
We started our large family before we were trads.
The "neo-modern way" is to limit family size based on "necessity".
Since trads reject many modern ways, it kind of goes hand in hand to be generous and have a large family.

this article kind of sums it up-  http://www.stvalsperu.org/PurityHonorsCreativeness.pdf
We don't have a large family...but I'd love one...not for religious reasons...but because children are a joy...and large families have so much fun together...and I want my grandchildren to have lots of cousins.  :P
The first end of marriage is to have children and raise them in the Church to give back to God.  The second end of marriage is companionship.  People now have this backwards.  They think love and companionship comes before children.  This is not the Church's teaching.  Children and their education come first.
They are more reliable than a pension.
(08-07-2011, 08:24 PM)dymphna17 Wrote: [ -> ]The first end of marriage is to have children and raise them in the Church to give back to God.  The second end of marriage is companionship.  People now have this backwards.  They think love and companionship comes before children.  This is not the Church's teaching.  Children and their education come first.

Primary end is children.
Primary meaning is love.
(08-07-2011, 08:32 PM)ggreg Wrote: [ -> ]They are more reliable than a pension.

lol not so sure...but maybe :laughing: ;D
We have 5, I would've had ten if my wife was up to it and the Lord allowed. I love kids, they are all that is right with the world. And even though Augustine said that kids are no less prone to sin then adults, their innocence is a relief  from the culture of death and its stale sinfull air.