FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Consecration of Our Lady of Assumption Church
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This was just posted on sspx.org: http://sspx.org/chapel_news/cincinatti_o...9-2011.htm.

Features some great pictures and explanation about the ceremony of consecrating a church.
Just wanted to thank you for this post.  Great pictures.  God bless the SSPX.
Quote:[Image: IMG_9862.jpg]
The wicks are lit and the incense is burned into the engraved crosses, dramatically signifying that the stone is now an "altar of incense" from which efficacious prayer and sacrifice rises to God.

That's awesome, never seen anything like this before.
I did not know the dirty 'Nati had nice things.  Smile  lol
I think Cincinnati is a pretty good place to live if you're a trad. There are now two SSPX chapels, one SSPV chapel, St. Gertrude the Great where Fr. Cekada is, and a few diocesan TLMS, including a daily TLM at Old St. Mary's.  I don't know how that compares to other cities, though.
(08-14-2011, 01:46 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: [ -> ]I think Cincinnati is a pretty good place to live if you're a trad. There are now two SSPX chapels, one SSPV chapel, St. Gertrude the Great where Fr. Cekada is, and a few diocesan TLMS, including a daily TLM at Old St. Mary's.  I don't know how that compares to other cities, though.

Pretty good. 

I'm in Milwaukee, and we have the SSPX in a suburb, a sede (Cekada-affiliated) in the Near South Side, and ICKSP. 

Chicago, I think, lacks a large TLM presence in the northern suburbs (which frustrates me!).