FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: World Youth Day, Madrid, 2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.madrid11.com/en/cultural/1513...ng-fiddles

Dueling Fiddles, bless your maker

Celtic Rock band brings joy to pilgrims in Madrid
August 4 -Imagine this: two brothers with training in classical piano both go into the seminary. While their non-seminarian friends are going out on Friday nights, doing the usual things young men do to end the week, they can't quite do the same. So the two brothers find another suitable form of entertainment: They use their classical music training, applied to other instruments like the violin, guitar and accordion, and take this music to the streets.

Do seminarians' dueling fiddles really bless your Maker?  Any Gregorian chant at World Youth Day? 
Probably one of the less annoying things going on at the WYD. Don't know if it's downright sinful or bad, but it just seems so... silly. In any case, I hope and pray that the WYD does more good than bad.
Is this happening in a Liturgical setting?  If not, I really don't see a problem with it..
The worst/ best thing about wyd happening in spain is that spain's catholics, for what they're worth, are mainly opus dei adherents these days. I hope at least that wyd in spain blows those tossers out of the water!
(08-12-2011, 07:36 AM)Benno Wrote: [ -> ]The worst/ best thing about wyd happening in spain is that spain's catholics, for what they're worth, are mainly opus dei adherents these days. I hope at least that wyd in spain blows those tossers out of the water!

Better Opus Dei than Neo-Catechumenical Way.
I'm not a big believer in "the less of the two evils" past a point. Opus has done a lot of damage to catholic people in spain. Disgusting damage, to be honest, to those who didn't join their silly club of egotists..
(08-12-2011, 07:36 AM)Benno Wrote: [ -> ]The worst/ best thing about wyd happening in spain is that spain's catholics, for what they're worth, are mainly opus dei adherents these days. I hope at least that wyd in spain blows those tossers out of the water!

There are only 80, 000 Opus Dei "adherents" world wide - and there are certainly more than 80, 000 practicing Catholics in Spain.
If you want to get somewhere as a "catholic" in spain you have to go the opus way. It's a nasty business that has nothing to do with numbers.
(08-11-2011, 08:51 PM)DesperatelySeeking Wrote: [ -> ]Any Gregorian chant at World Youth Day?  

I doubt  Gregorian chant will make WYD good.

(08-12-2011, 08:36 AM)Benno Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not a big believer in "the less of the two evils" past a point. Opus has done a lot of damage to catholic people in spain. Disgusting damage, to be honest, to those who didn't join their silly club of egotists..

Care to elaborate?
Oh I'd love to! But it'd be detraction.
Pages: 1 2