FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: 6th commandment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
hypothetical situaton,
==============

a teen is on his porch enjoying the fresh air when a pretty young lady passes by. He gets a boner (slang for getting turned on).  He has no desire to do sex with her but he looks at her to enjoy the good feeling.

Did he commit a sin?  If so, why?

Is lust the desire to do sex with someone? in this case he does not desire to do sex with the lady.
Yes you are in danger of hell, or else just a human who enjoys pretty girls. Better than enjoying pretty boys/ dogs/ telephone poles.  Smile
Mathew  5:28
Most likely Venial sin.. Although I suffer through this without even thinking about her with much thought, so it could just be scruples.
The word adultery signifies the making of that which is pure to that which is impure. Sexual attraction in and of itself is sinless as it is part of how we get married etc. However, even though i get a sense that the OP is a troll (I could be wrong if I am I will apologize) in the ops case, in order to get to erection stage a more then pure amount of mental energies have to be expended on imagery and fantasizing. He states he merely sees the woman walking by, unless she is completely naked and gesticulating wildly, I cant see it getting to erection stage without some act of the debased will. Of course on the other hand if he is an amped up teenage boy, and the girl is scantily clad (like at the beach or pool) its possible his biology is this sensitive...but I doubt it.....it is a bad venial sin. But should be confessed because it WILL lead to mortal sin...thus hell.
(08-12-2011, 11:46 AM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote: [ -> ], in order to get to erection stage a more then pure amount of mental energies have to be expended on imagery and fantasizing.

Yes, but I get this way even if I look at a pretty girl on some catholic dating site... I know, probably not natural, but it happens without really debasing much in my mind!
(08-12-2011, 11:06 AM)a83192 Wrote: [ -> ]He has no desire to do sex with her but he looks at her to enjoy the good feeling.

If he keeps looking instead of turning away I think he is entering dangerous territory.
(08-12-2011, 12:01 PM)crusaderfortruth3372 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-12-2011, 11:46 AM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote: [ -> ], in order to get to erection stage a more then pure amount of mental energies have to be expended on imagery and fantasizing.

Yes, but I get this way even if I look at a pretty girl on some catholic dating site... I know, probably not natural, but it happens without really debasing much in my mind!
the more you engage in the venial sin the less resistance you have. Erections are at a stage pretty far along the biological attraction stage
fer instance , on a scale of 1-5...( for the married man) 1 being the pleasant feeling of the beauty of your wife-----, 2---contemplation of the act, 3-----arousal/erection, 4 physical contact,5...the act itself with completion. (sometimes 3-4 are switched)

so from my experience if one has an erection simply looking , one is gone pretty far down the sin path . Or has in the past and is now less able to resist....which is natural if by natural you mean venial state of man.

No it is completely natural for a man ....its when you cannot control yourself is when the trouble starts, I think biggest mistake made by us Catholic is stating that these feeling are NOT natural, yes that's how God made us to be. But those emotions need to be balanced out with reason and self control. as difficult that may be now a days
(08-12-2011, 12:58 PM)Canisius12 Wrote: [ -> ]

No it is completely natural for a man ....its when you cannot control yourself is when the trouble starts, I think biggest mistake made by us Catholic is stating that these feeling are NOT natural, yes that's how God made us to be. But those emotions need to be balanced out with reason and self control. as difficult that may be now a days

That is what I thought, thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3 4