FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Trouble is brewing at RealCatholicTV--please discuss.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Hello. I am a newbie. I'm in my 50s, a Eucharistic Adorer, and have a special love for Latin mass and Gregorian chants. I consider myself a Magesterium Catholic. I live in the Chicago Archdiocese. Just now, someone posted this on RCTV's Facebook page. This will be all over the news shortly. Ever since the Corapi debacle, I was wondering when Voris might experience some hardship in his ministry. It seems Simon Rafe had a double life. I hope he didn't deliberately let the license expire so he could steal all the donations. It could mean legal troubles with the State and back taxes and fines for Mike. All this came to light during the Madrid trip. The devil always picks the worst time for this kind of thing. Please discuss:

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/r...-problems/
Thus begins the persecution of voris.    Can't say I'm surprised.
Quote:I hope he didn't deliberately let the license expire so he could steal all the donations.

I'm assuming you are referrring to Simon Raffe here. But, how does letting the license expire create an opportunity to steal donations?

I'm kind of confused on how that would work.
Like I said before and unfortunately for him, he was making the right enemies.
Sounds like this Simon Raffe was a bad apple.  I suspect the non-profit status will be quickly re-established with the needed paperwork. 

Let's say some prayers for Voris. 

Pray
(08-18-2011, 12:50 AM)Someone1776 Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like this Simon Raffe was a bad apple.  I suspect the non-profit status will be quickly re-established with the needed paperwork. 

Let's say some prayers for Voris. 

Pray

THIS.  Pray
I'm not sure either. I'm guessing since Simon was the webmaster, could he have deliberately chosen not to reinstate the license, then pocketed the money himself? He was supposed to take care of things like that. I had noticed that St. Michael's Media as a company never produced any youtube videos, only Vortex did. If a license isn't renewed, doesn't the state assume that the company is defunct? If so, then it doesn't have to report the donations to the State. Yet they were still accepting donations over there.
One of his employees wrote gay Star Wars fan fiction.  Who cares?

He'll get the legal issues figured out and keep going.
Yes, the gay fiction writer image is perfect for anyone who works in Catholic ministry. And the game's dark theme, spell-casting, wicked characters are healthy Catholic fun. Simon's image passes the red face test. And hey, paying 2 years' back taxes to the state are not a hardship at all for a small company like Mike's.
(08-18-2011, 12:58 AM)lauermar Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, the gay fiction writer image is perfect for anyone who works in Catholic ministry. And the game's dark theme, spell-casting, wicked characters are healthy Catholic fun. Simon's image passes the red face test. And hey, paying 2 years' back taxes to the state are not a hardship at all for a small company like Mike's.

I think it's stupid that his company and his message would be in jeopardy because one of his employees did something stupid outside of work that Voris had no knowledge of.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10