FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Do SSPX priests marry sedevacantists?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Does the SSPX marry couples where one spouse is an open sedevacantist?
(08-22-2011, 01:36 PM)st.dominic_savio Wrote: [ -> ]Does the SSPX marry couples where one spouse is an open sedevacantist?

I wouldn't see why not.  The SSPX allows (although discourages) marriages with non-Catholics provided dispensation has been provided. 
I wonder, have any Sedevacantists ever married Russian or Greek Orthodox Christians who have been in Schism since 1054Huh??? Sorry, I know this a banned topic, but i must!
Haha beauty answer
So the SSPX views sedevacantists as non-catholics? If so, how come my SSPX priest allows me to receive communion?
(08-22-2011, 01:43 PM)crusaderfortruth3372 Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder, have any Sedevacantists ever married Russian or Greek Orthodox Christians who have been in Schism since 1054Huh??? Sorry, I know this a banned topic, but i must!

We're not really talking about Sedevacantism.  Topic should be okay.  
(08-22-2011, 01:43 PM)st.dominic_savio Wrote: [ -> ]So the SSPX views sedevacantists as non-catholics? If so, how come my SSPX priest allows me to receive communion?

I didn't say that. I said since the SSPX would allow marriage to a non-Catholic it would follow they would allow marriage to a sede. How exactly they would handle that I don't know. 
(08-22-2011, 01:43 PM)crusaderfortruth3372 Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder, have any Sedevacantists ever married Russian or Greek Orthodox Christians who have been in Schism since 1054Huh??? Sorry, I know this a banned topic, but i must!

I'm sure it's happened somewhere.

There are many Catholic-Orthodox marriages

If the Catholic spouse accepts sedevacantism I don't know how that really changes the marriage all that much.

The marriage would either be held in a Sede chapel or an Orthodox Church depending on what agreement the couple reaches I believe.
(08-22-2011, 01:47 PM)K3vinhood Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm sure it's happened somewhere.

There are many Catholic-Orthodox marriages

If the Catholic spouse accepts sedevacantism I don't know how that really changes the marriage all that much.

The marriage would either be held in a Sede chapel or an Orthodox Church depending on what agreement the couple reaches I believe.

Before Vatican II, I thought the rule was that if you were a catholic and if you got married in an Orthodox Church, you were de facto ex-communicated?
(08-22-2011, 01:48 PM)st.dominic_savio Wrote: [ -> ]Before Vatican II, I thought the rule was that if you were a catholic and if you got married in an Orthodox Church, you were de facto ex-communicated?

That might be true, I'm not sure though.

I thought it was based of what church the husband was in, but that may be the Orthodox perspective on it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5