FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Ugly Americanism
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Enjoy!

Excellent piece by Voris!

It's strange in the sense that you'd think the most faithful and devoted Catholics would spend the time and money to travel to another continent to attend a Catholic event, and so would dress reverently at Holy Mass said there.  But that isn't the case (for a fair number of Americans) at World Youth Day...  On the other hand, affluency (the means to travel the world) doesn't necessarily imply devotion or piety.

Then again, it seems that many Americans who travel abroad aren't aware of the more formal/less casual dress codes in European countries.  I would also imagine that many priests here in the U.S. don't speak too often about how the laity should dress for Holy Mass.
He's so obviously never attended a papal audience...which are pep rallies...really.  And Americans don't stand out more than anyone else at European Catholic events...at least not in Italy, Greece, Switzerland, Germany, Belgium, etc.  As far as I recall, there was no way to tell who the Americans were when I attended the very large outdoor Mass in St. Peter's square, where everyone stood to receive...in the hand.  The one difference I did note among American Catholics in Europe was that the Americans were the only ones to ever genuflect before the tabernacle...every time they passed before it...or before sitting or just before leaving...in fact, I found it kind of amusing all the bobbing up and down that the American young adults did in church.
Listen whatever we think of WYD, there are many young people of good will attending, one day many will become trads. So lets try to be a bit more positive about these youngsters.
(08-22-2011, 06:40 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]Listen whatever we think of WYD, there are many young people of good will attending, one day many will become trads. So lets try to be a bit more positive about these youngsters.

Good luck...sanctomons do nothing ut hate their neighbors....gives them a sense of superioity in a world that has all but declared them losers....

Additionally...I wonder why Voris would have been at world youth day....was he cheese spotting for thr telemackdaddy?
(08-22-2011, 06:42 PM)Scipio_a Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-22-2011, 06:40 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]Listen whatever we think of WYD, there are many young people of good will attending, one day many will become trads. So lets try to be a bit more positive about these youngsters.

Good luck...sanctomons do nothing ut hate their neighbors....gives them a sense of superioity in a world that has all but declared them losers....

Additionally...I wonder why Voris would have been at world youth day....was he cheese spotting for thr telemackdaddy?

Maybe he's part of the bilderbergers or banksters  LOL LOL
I think
sip
sanctomids has a better rasp o what they r
hemroids+zealots=
sanctomoid

or
sip

sanctotard

mmmm
sanctsters

lol