FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Saints who were total badasses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
So I've heard the story of St Nicholas punching Arius in the face at the council of Nicea, what other saints would you consider a total badass?
Padre Pio -- doing battle with the Devil. Slapping a man to heal him, and then hitting the other cheek. Etc.
(09-01-2011, 07:23 PM)Scriptorium Wrote: [ -> ]Padre Pio -- doing battle with the Devil. Slapping a man to heal him, and then hitting the other cheek. Etc.

Yes! I was thinking of St Padre Pio too. Also St Jean Vianney, the devil attacked him practically every night.
St. Michael, obviously.

St. George was pretty hardcore.
St. Francis Xavier, but in a somewhat different way.
St. Joan of Arc.
Not a saint (yet!), but Fr. Emil Kaupan, Servant of God was the real deal.
Saint Ignatius of Loyola is my first candidate for this office. He was the most obstinate defender of a fortress in Navarre, giving Braveheart-like speeches which riled up failing courage. Despite having his leg mangled in the attack, he had the bone broken and re-broken to heal. Naturally it was for ulterior motives at the time, but he was still a frigging badass.
Saint Anthony The Great
(09-01-2011, 07:44 PM)Gorgondie Wrote: [ -> ]Saint Anthony The Great

Is that the Saint Anthony who was a hermit?

[Image: 446px-The_Torment_of_Saint_Anthony_Michelangelo.jpg]

Yuiop, I mean just look at the beard, clearly a monastics beard
St. Damien the leper priest of Molokai.

Fr. Damien once marched into a cave where the village Kahuna (pagan priest) and 30 men were sacrificing a dog to enact a curse on him.  The good Fr.  proceeded to knock the Kahuna on his ass, retrieve his rosary which had previously been stolen from his bunk and tear the effigy of himself to shreds.  

St Moses the Black

[Image: stmoses.jpg]

Read his biography. It's awesome:

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/stmoses.html
Pages: 1 2 3 4