FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Extraordinary
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was sittin' here havin' myself a think, (They can take me a while and are occasionally painful  LOL ) and something that has been percolating in my brain for a while finally coalesced into a cohesive thought/question.
If the EXTRAORDINARY form of mass is only to be used for extraordinary circumstances, therefore not to be used all the time, why is it you see EXTRAORDINARY ministers of holy communion all the time? Aren't they also supposed to be for extraordinary circumstances?
I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but I thought I'd share.
Yeah, it's pretty funny how it works out like that.

It's sad that EM's are so common and the EF is so rare.

But one day hopefully the tides will change and it will be the opposite.
That's actually the same train of thought I've been having. 

perhaps extraordinary means something different in the Latin or Italin? 
I tend to look at it the other way round, and wonder why those wh are most ardently against EMHCs are the most keen on the EF?
That's why you're just a woman.

LOL  Just kidding.  Welcome to fish eaters, new comer!  Tip o' the hat

I think if we really wanted to eliminate EMHCs we would install altar rails and at least get two deacons for the mass
(09-05-2011, 07:06 PM)Josué Wrote: [ -> ]That's why you're just a woman.

LOL  Just kidding.  Welcome to fish eaters, new comer!   Tip o' the hat

I think if we really wanted to eliminate EMHCs we would install altar rails and at least get two deacons for the mass

LOL - I'm justawoman because I got sick of trying about 8 different names and them already being taken!

I certainly agree with bringing back altar rails, one of my former parishes still had them and my current one has a 'token gesture' which is better than nothing.
token gesture?

I know where you're coming from I had to change my e-mail to something a little bit more mature and I ended up being pedrazajosue33 if I'm ever in a chatroom they'll think I'm an older man or something  LOL
The rail isnt the original and would probably fall down if you leant against it, but it marks the different areas of the church unquestionably
(09-05-2011, 07:06 PM)Josué Wrote: [ -> ]I think if we really wanted to eliminate EMHCs we would install altar rails and at least get two deacons for the mass

Altar rails? First they'd need an altar, no?

The surest way to rid the world of EMHCs - along with the whole evil parody is for everyone to completely avoid the NO.  Do your part!