FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: What would your religious suffix be?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(09-09-2011, 07:52 PM)Laetare Wrote: [ -> ]They're not LOL-funny when it's your own perfectly-crafted, emotionally-invested thread being ruined.

It is the internet. Get over it.

(09-09-2011, 07:52 PM)Laetare Wrote: [ -> ]  Wink Jokes would be fine if real answers accompanied them, but being dismissive is just irritating, especially among Catholics; we're brothers and sisters, in a special way. We ought to be sober and walk as in the day, hehe...

Jokes are fine even if no answer accompanies them. Just because you are melancholic doesn't mean that the rest of us are or should be.
(09-10-2011, 09:46 AM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2011, 07:52 PM)Laetare Wrote: [ -> ]They're not LOL-funny when it's your own perfectly-crafted, emotionally-invested thread being ruined.

Your joke wasn't funny.  Get over it.
(09-10-2011, 09:57 AM)JayneK Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2011, 09:46 AM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]

Your joke wasn't funny.  Get over it.

I did not tell a joke.  Get over yourself.

ETA: Maybe you don't know about St. Walburga? http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/15526b.htm
You should chant the office.  since you believe in the humors they get effected by the Church modes when they are listened to or chanted.

The little office is the best one to chant.  I've posted a few links here: http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...18.40.html and here http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...18.50.html
(09-10-2011, 12:53 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: [ -> ]no one is ruining your thread. get a grip. my answer was honest. you may find it funny. you may not.  that would be the name id  choose. if you do not want peoplel to answer a question
sip
DO NOT ASK IT!!

to help those who want to start chanting vespers and lauds
(09-10-2011, 12:12 PM)Josué Wrote: [ -> ]You should chant the office.  since you believe in the humors they get effected by the Church modes when they are listened to or chanted.

The little office is the best one to chant.  I've posted a few links here: http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...18.40.html and here http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...18.50.html

Thank you! I find that chanting (which requires bodily dispositions to honour sacred and holy names said aloud) is an excellent way to meditate on the Incarnation: that our bodies and souls are one as our full human being, and that we must use the whole man to pray.
Perhaps a little narcissistic;

Br. Peter Joseph Augustine Basil OSB STL STD DD MA PhD
(09-10-2011, 01:00 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps a little narcissistic;

Um ... why list your STL if you have the STD already?  And why list the MA if you have the DD and PhD?  Also where's your JD, your JCD and your SSD?  Come on now.
(09-10-2011, 01:14 PM)newyorkcatholic Wrote: [ -> ]

Um ... why list your STL if you have the STD already?  And why list the MA if you have the DD and PhD?  Also where's your JD, your JCD and your SSD?  Come on now.

Haha. Never heard of the last three. But, why not list em all. lol.

Plus I can list my $500000 student loans payable.
Laetare: I'm not sure I follow your critique of Franciscan spirituality.  Truth and love are never in opposition.  I identify most with the Carmelites and the Dominicans in their spirituality, but there is really no purpose whatsoever to meditation, contemplation, study of truth, preaching ... none of it matters or is even possible if we don't have a radical detachment from everything that is not God.  My understanding is that this radical detachment from everything that is not God is the focus of Franciscan spirituality as it relates to poverty.

We should not fetishize or worship poverty for it's own sake, but there can be no union with God, according to Carmelite thought, without first undergoing the dark night of the senses and the spirit through mortification and choosing the Cross -- this is the same thing as what Franciscans call poverty.
(09-10-2011, 01:17 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2011, 01:14 PM)newyorkcatholic Wrote: [ -> ]

Haha. Never heard of the last three. But, why not list em all. lol.

Plus I can list my $500000 student loans payable.

Are those American dollars??  Even my med school loans are not that hight!  JD is the civil law degree (juris doctor), JCD is canon law and SSD is the doctorate in Sacred Scripture  Smile.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7