FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: What would your religious suffix be?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Friends Hi! ,

Our Catholic Culture* is so rich with devotions, variations, and spirituality, and it's so fascinating to hear ideas. I'm wondering which religious name and suffix you'd prefer for your own, if given total freedom? Franciscans usually have their name chosen for them, but they're allowed to affix predicates to the end too. Here I am referring to Br. X of the Y. Examples: St. John of the Cross, Br. Christopher of the Immaculate Conception.

Also, is there some official name or definition for these post-nomial suffixes and names: of the X, of the Y? I don't know where to look for information on the history of the practice.

Right now I'm going through many ideas... so far I've come up with Br. Thomas of the Advent, of the Incarnation, of the Nativity - for the "doubting" Apostle who ended up having the least doubt of all in the strength and power of God  ;D, and for the holy Incarnation.

*  I'm so happy to be able to say "our" now, to be part of the cabal.  LOL
Br. John Doe.
Walburga of Kansas

Adam of Pump Street

Sigh, never mind...
(09-08-2011, 10:28 PM)Laetare Wrote: [ -> ]Sigh, never mind...

Thats a silly name!
Br Athanasius of the Badass Resistance

Actually, I'm not enough of a rad-trad for that....
When I was a Catholic?

Br. Patrick Judas Maria of the Passion (or the Child Jesus or Christ the King) could never decide back then) M.I.C.M. or O.P.
(09-08-2011, 10:43 PM)Adam_Michael Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-08-2011, 10:28 PM)Laetare Wrote: [ -> ]Sigh, never mind...

Thats a silly name!

LOL
Not sure what name I'd take, but it would be "of the Cross," and it would be followed by ", O.C.D."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7