FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: lay person doing sermon a TLM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(09-11-2011, 01:01 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2011, 12:59 PM)Resurrexi Wrote: [ -> ]There are a lot of less-than-ideal liturgical practices found at TLMs: vernacular hymns during Mass...

These are perfectly legitimate.

Does that go for laity saying anything during the sermon as well?
(09-11-2011, 12:59 PM)Resurrexi Wrote: [ -> ]There are a lot of less-than-ideal liturgical practices found at TLMs: vernacular hymns during Mass...

I should have been more specific.

They are acceptable during Low Mass, but for a Missa Cantata or Missa Solemnis, vernacular hymns are only acceptable for the processional and recessional; they're not allowed during the High Mass itself.

My TLM parish uses vernacular hymnody for the during the Offertory or Communion most Sundays, but I just live with it. There are bigger fish to fry, to to speak.
(09-11-2011, 01:04 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: [ -> ]

Consider this: if a man like John Paul II can be "blessed" after all that went on during his watch, then almost anyone can be saved.

Relax and enjoy life.
Also, once a year, the bishop records a speech asking for donations for seminarians and retired priests. It is played in place of the sermon at all churches in the diocese on a particular Sunday. This is probably not liturgically ideal, but what do you do?
(09-11-2011, 01:00 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]If "Blessed" John Paul II can do it with with half-naked women, so can ayone else.

I don't like JP2 anymore than you probably do, but he's a beatus nonetheless. It lacks prudence to question the validity of his beatification, which was proclaimed by the pope according to the traditional formula.
(09-11-2011, 01:06 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2011, 01:04 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: [ -> ]

Consider this: if a man like John Paul II can be "blessed" after all that went on during his watch, then almost anyone can be saved.

Relax and enjoy life.

Humour isn't the answer to everything. I was asking you a serious question. 
(09-11-2011, 01:07 PM)Resurrexi Wrote: [ -> ]Also, once a year, the bishop records a speech asking for donations for seminarians and retired priests. It is played in place of the sermon at all churches in the diocese on a particular Sunday. This is probably not liturgically ideal, but what do you do?

It would be more ideal for his sermon simply to be read from the pulpit by the priest present. 
(09-11-2011, 01:09 PM)Resurrexi Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2011, 01:00 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]If "Blessed" John Paul II can do it with with half-naked women, so can ayone else.

I don't like JP2 anymore than you probably do, but he's a beatus nonetheless. It lacks prudence to question the validity of his beatification, which was proclaimed by the pope according to the traditional formula.

Of course.

*buries head in the sand*
(09-11-2011, 01:12 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]

Of course.

Do you question that Benedict is pope?

Or do you question the authority of the pope in general to beatify?

Or do you question the authority of Pope Benedict specifically to beatify?

Or do you simply question the validity of the action of beatifying John Paul II?

I'm trying to understand your logic.
(09-11-2011, 01:14 PM)Resurrexi Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2011, 01:12 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]

Of course.

Do you question that Benedict is pope?

Or do you question the authority of the pope in general to beatify?

Or do you question the authority of Pope Benedict specifically to beatify?

Or do you simply question the validity of the action of beatifying John Paul II?

I'm trying to understand your logic.

You guys can discuss this topic in another thread.  It's totally off-topic here. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6