FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: LOOK!!!! - Dominus Est! Retreat - Verbum Dei et Mater Dei - TULSA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Saturday, October 8, 2011 - 10:00 AM-4:00 PM (Lunch and Confession: 11:30 AM-1:00 PM)
**Retreat followed by Confession: 4:00-4:15 and Low Mass: 4:30-5:30

Catholic Charities of Tulsa
2450 North Harvard Ave
Tulsa, OK  74115-3140

$15 registration fee includes catered lunch at the retreat.

From the Parish of St. Peter (http://fssp-tulsa.org) bulletin - Sunday, September 11, 2011:

"We will be talking about Marian Dogma and its biblical roots.  This is not just your typical apologetics though; we will be showing the typological roots of the dogmas as well.  For in the Catholic Church, we read Scripture in totality."

Speakers will be:

Michael Voris - RealCatholicTV
Fr. Angelo Van Der Putten, F.S.S.P. - Pastor - Parish of Saint Peter, Tulsa, OK

** RealCatholicTV will be filming the talks at the retreat.

More information, schedule and to register: http://www.dominusest.us

I'm a Byzantine Catholic, but I love traditional Roman Catholicism and I'm registered to attend!!

P.S. - DominusEst! is an Apostolate of the Diocese of Tulsa, OK, so I guess at least Bishop Edward Slattery isn't threatened by Michael Voris.
Unbelievable!  That's the same parish that told my family to take a hike because we were weird.  We wore veils, always sat in front of the Tabernacle for Mass, and asked for confessions.  I went to school there when the nuns were burning their bras.  Hope this is a good turnaround for them.
(09-11-2011, 07:31 PM)dymphna17 Wrote: [ -> ]Unbelievable!  That's the same parish that told my family to take a hike because we were weird.  We wore veils, always sat in front of the Tabernacle for Mass, and asked for confessions.  I went to school there when the nuns were burning their bras.  Hope this is a good turnaround for them.

I wonder if they would have black balled you if your dad and bros. wore yarmulkes?

Sounds like and all star line up. I would love to be there and watch the nylon nut cutter liturgical broads explode.
(09-11-2011, 07:39 PM)Heinrich Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2011, 07:31 PM)dymphna17 Wrote: [ -> ]Unbelievable!  That's the same parish that told my family to take a hike because we were weird.  We wore veils, always sat in front of the Tabernacle for Mass, and asked for confessions.  I went to school there when the nuns were burning their bras.  Hope this is a good turnaround for them.

I wonder if they would have black balled you if your dad and bros. wore yarmulkes?

Sounds like and all star line up. I would love to be there and watch the nylon nut cutter liturgical broads explode.

Of course not.  Our Elder Brothers are always welcome!  They actually had a "Jewish Day" in which we were to learn about our "roots".  :puke:  I hope Sr. Mary Bede is in heaven laughing her tail off.  She was the only one that refused to give up her habit so they sent her to teach on a reservation in New Mexico.  She was 70.

Different parish.  This St. Peter was established when Bp. Slattery invited the FSSP into his diocese.  It's strictly an FSSP TLM parish, although it does currently share the church building with St. Augustine parish, which is predominately African-American in NW Tulsa.
I'm looking, I'm looking !  :laughing:
Hello all. I saw this thread and wanted to update you all. I am the founder of the Dominus Est! apostolate and am putting on the Verbum Dei et Mater Dei retreat. We had a big day today. We found out today that His Excellency Bishop Edward Slattery will be giving the first talk at the retreat. We are extremely grateful that His Excellency decided to do this. More information and the updated schedule is up on the website http://www.dominusest.us/. I hope you will consider attending this retreat. The last one we did on the Eucharist was spectacular and everyone that attended enjoyed themselves and learned a lit. Furthermore, you will be well fed. So come on out.

JMJ
Benedicite Deum,

David A. Homoney

Ego sum, ego sum, Dominus et non est absque me salvator

Love Coffee? Want to help the Parish of St. Peter and Carmelite Monks?
Buy Mystic Monk Coffee! http://www.mysticmonkcoffee.com/store/?aid=434