FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Vatican: Vatican II not "essential" to the faith
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
From today's edition of Le Figaro (by Jean-Marie Guénois - various sources), on tomorrow's meeting of Cardinal Levada and the superior direction of the Society of Saint Pius X (FSSPX / SSPX):

Quote:    The great novelty comes from the Roman side. Le Figaro has learned that the Holy See could, for the first time, admit that these aspects fought by the "Integrists" are not considered as "essential" to the Catholic faith to the point of keeping outside the Church those who do not admit them. And that what has been foundational to the Catholic faith for twenty centuries is the sole [aspect] considered fundamental for communion with the Holy See, and not the interpretation from the last Council to this day.

http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2011/09...roman.html
Its about time.
Thanks for the updates, Someone!  This is a ray of hope.  Pray
If the Vatican admits that then tomorrow will be perhaps the greatest day for traditionalism since the Council.  It would be a major blow to Conciliar Catholicism, a blow that would allow the facade to be torn down rather quickly.

It's possible.  I doubt that this will be stated, but it is possible.
(09-13-2011, 04:54 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]If the Vatican admits that then tomorrow will be perhaps the greatest day for traditionalism since the Council.  It would be a major blow to Conciliar Catholicism, a blow that would allow the facade to be torn down rather quickly.

Father Z has been pushing this idea for sometime on his blog.  If he's really a Vatican plant as some speculate it would give credence to this story Smile 
Again apropos:

[Image: ouxtkx.jpg]
(09-13-2011, 04:57 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-13-2011, 04:54 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]If the Vatican admits that then tomorrow will be perhaps the greatest day for traditionalism since the Council.  It would be a major blow to Conciliar Catholicism, a blow that would allow the facade to be torn down rather quickly.

Father Z has been pushing this idea for sometime on his blog.  If he's really a Vatican plant as some speculate it would give credence to this story Smile 

Stop.
That would be some seriously good news if they admit this.
Oh my wow!
This is going to be awesome.
If it is true.
(09-13-2011, 05:00 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-13-2011, 04:57 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: [ -> ]

Stop.

Why did you say "Stop," Walty?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7