FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Quotes on La Porte Latine and SSPX USA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: portelatine.jpg]

For those who don't read French, this translates as, "If, as I have often asked, Rome agrees to have us make the experiment of Tradition, well then, there will be no more problems. We will be free to continue the work that we are doing, as we are doing it now, under the authority of the Sovereign Pontiff." It is from Archbishop Lefebvre's sermon in October 1987.

[EDITED TO ADD:]

Also interesting to note the Archbishop Lefebvre quotes the SSPX's USA district have been running in recent days:

[Image: quotesabl.jpg]
The stage is set.
(09-15-2011, 08:16 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]The stage is set.

I think that if yesterdays preamble doesn't draw sharp enough distinctions between what is and what is not necessary to the faith, the curtain may close on this stage.
(09-15-2011, 08:35 AM)Adam_Michael Wrote: [ -> ]

I think that if yesterdays preamble doesn't draw sharp enough distinctions between what is and what is not necessary to the faith, the curtain may close on this stage.

The writing has been on the wall for quite a long time.

Fellay will sign it. I'm sure of it.

It's a shame.
(09-15-2011, 09:51 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-15-2011, 08:35 AM)Adam_Michael Wrote: [ -> ]

The writing has been on the wall for quite a long time.

Fellay will sign it. I'm sure of it.

It's a shame.

You and Dan Hunter appear to think alike, in this one respect, at least... (I realize that the "it's a shame" vs. " bodes well for the Church and the SSPX" part is where there is a difference.)

(09-13-2011, 02:58 PM)dan hunter Wrote: [ -> ]I believe this bodes well for the Church and the SSPX.

(09-13-2011, 03:06 PM)dan hunter Wrote: [ -> ]I really believe this is just a formality.

(09-13-2011, 03:13 PM)dan hunter Wrote: [ -> ]I say this because my uncle who is an SSPX priest has told me as such.
I know this might be a flimsy reason, but I trust him.
Fr has said this has been in the works for a while and that various diocesan bishops have contacted him and allowed him to offer the TLM in various diocesan parishes.
I have hope that the document will allow Bishop Fellay to agree as it will allow the SSPX to continue without hindrance nor capitulation to Vatican II fuzziness whatsoever. Further I still hope for all four Bishops to come along. If they do it'll be like the Three Musketeers and D'Artaignon. (sp ?)

tim
(09-15-2011, 10:05 AM)timoose Wrote: [ -> ]I have hope that the document will allow Bishop Fellay to agree as it will allow the SSPX to continue without hindrance nor capitulation to Vatican II fuzziness whatsoever. Further I still hope for all four Bishops to come along. If they do it'll be like the Three Musketeers and D'Artaignon. (sp ?)

tim

I wish you were right!!! Please be right!!!!! :pray:
And here's today's offering from the SSPX's USA district:

[Image: dailyquote.jpg]
[Image: abplef.jpg]

TRANSLATION: "[W]e need to apply the criterion of Tradition to the various Council documents in order to see what we can keep, what needs clarifying, and what should be rejected."

I agree, but a day ago you were saying anyone who thought something was going to happen was a hysterical girl. Just curious, what has changed your mind?
Pages: 1 2