FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Michael Voris on SSPX 9/15/2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

Latest Vortex (this time on the Rome-SSPX issue)
He says nothing new.
Next to nothong.
Yes, this while it is good that Mike Voris understands the crisis, what he said here is nothing new and pretty much common sense to most FE.
(09-15-2011, 03:47 PM)crusaderfortruth3372 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, this while it is good that Mike Voris understands the crisis, what he said here is nothing new and pretty much common sense to most FE.

I am pretty sure most of Voris viewers are attendants of the NO not the TLM. What he is saying might be new to them.
He still tiptoes around criticizing the actual council, blaming the abuses instead.

This is exactly why we need the SSPX to come in and shake things up.  Good Catholics need to know that it's okay not to revere every word of VII like some kind of sacred cow.
(09-15-2011, 03:58 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-15-2011, 03:47 PM)crusaderfortruth3372 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, this while it is good that Mike Voris understands the crisis, what he said here is nothing new and pretty much common sense to most FE.

I am pretty sure most of Voris viewers are attendants of the NO not the TLM. What he is saying might be new to them.
(09-15-2011, 03:58 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: [ -> ]

He is portraying regularizing the SSPX as a positive thing to an audience that almost certainly included those who see the Society as suspect.  He is putting in terms to create sympathy for the SSPX. 
(09-15-2011, 03:58 PM)iona_scribe Wrote: [ -> ]He still tiptoes around criticizing the actual council, blaming the abuses instead.

This is exactly why we need the SSPX to come in and shake things up.  Good Catholics need to know that it's okay not to revere every word of VII like some kind of sacred cow.

Well if the council teaches no dogma then what is there to criticize except those who think that it does.
(09-15-2011, 05:11 PM)Unum Sint Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-15-2011, 03:58 PM)iona_scribe Wrote: [ -> ]He still tiptoes around criticizing the actual council, blaming the abuses instead.

Well if the council teaches no dogma then what is there to criticize except those who think that it does.

Haha, true.  But I'd love for him to mention the "just a pastoral council" thing some time.  I think most of his viewership isn't aware of the distinction.  Only a year and a half ago I came from a "VII is the best thing since sliced bread" parish.
quote author=iona_scribe link=topic=3443838.msg33593863#msg33593863 date=1316123008]
(09-15-2011, 05:11 PM)Unum Sint Wrote: [ -> ]

This is exactly why we need the SSPX to come in and shake things up.  Good Catholics need to know that it's okay not to revere every word of VII like some kind of sacred cow.

Haha, true.  But I'd love for him to mention the "just a pastoral council" thing some time.  I think most of his viewership isn't aware of the distinction.  Only a year and a half ago I came from a "VII is the best thing since sliced bread" parish.
[/quote]Most people that glorify VII have no idea what the documents really say.
Pages: 1 2 3 4