FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Rome-SSPX agreement, yea or nay?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Smile
We don't even know what they'd be agreeing to yet.
(09-15-2011, 10:35 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]We don't even know what they'd be agreeing to yet.

Those who think that matters can vote "other."
I am with Walty. Why would we vote on something the clauses and contents of which we are unsure about? It's like Democracy, and I hate Democracy. LOL

If the vote is generally for a union or non-union with Rome, I'd say "yes".
I suspect it's mostly been decided one way or the other.
(09-15-2011, 10:41 PM)tradne4163 Wrote: [ -> ]I suspect it's mostly been decided one way or the other.

Me too.
(09-15-2011, 10:38 PM)Laetare Wrote: [ -> ]If the vote is generally for a union or non-union with Rome, I'd say "yes".

Union with "Catholic Rome, the Guardian of the Catholic Faith and of those traditions necessary for the maintenance of that Faith, to eternal Rome, Mistress of Wisdom and Truth", or union with "the Rome of neo‑Modernist and neo‑Protestant tendencies"?

(09-15-2011, 10:42 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-15-2011, 10:41 PM)tradne4163 Wrote: [ -> ]I suspect it's mostly been decided one way or the other.

Me too.

Same here.

Me too.

I, for one, hope it's been decided in favor of regularization. From the sounds of the Preamble, it's going to be something any Catholic should be able to sign to, an elaboration on the Professio Fidei prescribed in Ad tuendam fidem for those assuming an ecclesiastical office. 
(09-15-2011, 10:35 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]We don't even know what they'd be agreeing to yet.

this

Over at Sanctofurom they've already determined +F wants to sell out no matter the cost and +W will save the day Saint that he is...and they will have to change the header at the top of the forum...LOL

there are a couple of voices of almost reason...but pretty funny stuff....what is amazing...to me, is realizing, that there are folks who are so determined...against reason and evidence, of the kind of person +F must be and that he is going to do the wrong thing....that if the document is in perfect order...and the time is right...and the SSPX does get regularized...there will be a whole slew of people (that we'll be better off without) that leave just because they will be certain that +F sold out....because "that's what he's determined to do"

this even if +W does not leave and cause a split...because they will be determined that he is just being saintly and obedient...just misguided..."But he's still a good guy...and +F is persecuting him"

yep...that's the long and the short of it.

Me too.

Me three.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10