FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Wargaming a +Fellay acceptance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There being a number of speculative threads about the SSPX-Rome negotiations, I thought I'd add another one. If speculation strikes you as a waste of time, you're encouraged to look away now...  :P

If, after consultation with his brethren, +Fellay decides to take the Roman offer of canonical recognition, what do people think will happen - both within the Church as a whole, and within the Society? Will +Williamson lead a holy remnant in the "Continuing SSPX", railing against compromise with, and submission to, the Apostolic See? Will he be joined by +TIssier de Mallerais? Will the Austrian progressivists take this as their cue for a full-blown schism, citing the Holy Father's attempts to reverse the post-conciliar luv? Will we see bishops - even cardinals - attacking the Pope for bringing a group of "hardliners" back into communion with Rome? Will secular authorities get involved, slamming the Church for legitimising reactionary tendencies and religious intolerance?

It seems to me that both the Holy Father and Bishop Fellay are going to be facing some serious fallout if this thing goes according to plan. I imagine they've factored that into their calculations, but we'll see. What do others think?

[Image: north-korea-nuclear-warheads.jpg]
I think the joos will finally control the world except for 10 or so especially talented Trad Caths on this forum who are immune to Jewish mind control because they hate Jews so much for making bagels without enough cream cheese

Oh and Sanctoforum will be safe...LOL
(09-16-2011, 09:42 AM)archdiocesan Wrote: [ -> ]There being a number of speculative threads about the SSPX-Rome negotiations, I thought I'd add another one. If speculation strikes you as a waste of time, you're encouraged to look away now...  :P

If, after consultation with his brethren, +Fellay decides to take the Roman offer of canonical recognition, what do people think will happen - both within the Church as a whole, and within the Society? Will +Williamson lead a holy remnant in the "Continuing SSPX", railing against compromise with, and submission to, the [the Conciliar church]?

Most likely.

Quote: Will he be joined by +TIssier de Mallerais?

Hopefully.

Quote:Will the Austrian progressivists take this as their cue for a full-blown schism, citing the Holy Father's attempts to reverse the post-conciliar luv?

No.

Quote: Will we see bishops - even cardinals - attacking the Pope for bringing a group of "hardliners" back into communion with Rome?

Not much, a little for window-dressing, but not in any substantial way. 

Quote:Will secular authorities get involved, slamming the Church for legitimising reactionary tendencies and religious intolerance?

No. Again, maybe some for show, but mostly the wrath would be directed at the remnant.

Quote:It seems to me that both the Holy Father and Bishop Fellay are going to be facing some serious fallout if this thing goes according to plan. I imagine they've factored that into their calculations,

I think you're probably right.

Of course, this all being total speculation, I reserve the right to be totally wrong!  :)

Quote:but we'll see.

Yes.   

:pray:
(09-16-2011, 09:56 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: [ -> ]I think the joos will finally control the world except for 10 or so especially talented Trad Caths on this forum who are immune to Jewish mind control because they hate Jews so much for making bagels without enough cream cheese

Oh and Sanctoforum will be safe...LOL

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Why in the world do you think Bishop Tissier would not go along with this?
I think that Bishop Fellay will accept the offer and the other Society bishops will accept his decision.  A small number of preists will leave the SSPX over this decision and some laity will stop their associations with it but many more will take their place.  The influence and outreach of the Society will increase dramatically.  Also even people not associated with them will become more open and outspoken with criticism of V2 and people will become more aware of its problems. For example I expect we will see a shift in moderation policies at Catholic Answers.
(09-16-2011, 01:09 PM)JayneK Wrote: [ -> ]I think that Bishop Fellay will accept the offer and the other Society bishops will accept his decision.  A small number of preists will leave the SSPX over this decision and some laity will stop their associations with it but many more will take their place.  The influence and outreach of the Society will increase dramatically.  Also even people not associated with them will become more open and outspoken with criticism of V2 and people will become more aware of its problems. For example I expect we will see a shift in moderation policies at Catholic Answers.

Great read on this Jane
(09-16-2011, 01:09 PM)JayneK Wrote: [ -> ]For example I expect we will see a shift in moderation policies at Catholic Answers.

Yes, it would be difficult to explain how it's okay to talk about the ordination of women but not okay to talk about the positions held by a personal prelature of the Pope on Vatican II and the Novus Ordo. 
(09-16-2011, 01:09 PM)JayneK Wrote: [ -> ]I think that Bishop Fellay will accept the offer and the other Society bishops will accept his decision.  A small number of preists will leave the SSPX over this decision and some laity will stop their associations with it but many more will take their place.  The influence and outreach of the Society will increase dramatically.  Also even people not associated with them will become more open and outspoken with criticism of V2 and people will become more aware of its problems. For example I expect we will see a shift in moderation policies at Catholic Answers.

I agree with all but the last.  The liberation of the Mass of the Ages did nothing to change their treatment of Traditionalists, so I doubt this will.  They don't seem to bother to explain why they ban people -- and the rules are not laid down in any consistant manner.  Even non-Trad friends of mine don't like the moderation style there.  They've gone so far off the deep end on that site that I don't know if there is a rescue net with a long enough rope to bring them back. 

----

As far as speculation that progressives might "leave the Church," well, if they would leave over this -- at least, formally -- haven't they already left, informally?
(09-16-2011, 02:04 PM)OCLittleFlower Wrote: [ -> ]As far as speculation that progressives might "leave the Church," well, if they would leave over this -- at least, formally -- haven't they already left, informally?

Yes, this would be a good thing.  There are two groups that will leave as a result of an agreement - schismatic elements associated with the SSPX and the liberal elements in the rest of the Church.  These are both losses that will benefit the Church.
Pages: 1 2