FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Coming Soon: The 2012 Missal?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
The 60 classification system is far far superior to the older system. I was just pming someone about how confusing it is to figure out what happens when under the older system.

Being able to easier commemorate other feasts that fall on the same day would be good.

Sundays should trump the feasts. The Sunday propers are among the most ancient and deserve their honored place.
Why not for the Universal Calendar?
This is pretty prestigous universally.
(09-19-2011, 05:26 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: [ -> ]The 60 classification system is far far superior to the older system. I was just pming someone about how confusing it is to figure out what happens when under the older system.

Fair enough, though I wonder if the main reason you find it confusing is that you (well actually most of us, myself included) aren't used to it.

Quote:Sundays should trump the feasts. The Sunday propers are among the most ancient and deserve their honored place.

Silly antiquarianism!  Actually I don't disagree, I just wish the feasts could be commemorated instead of lost.

I would also like to see, though this isn't really a rubric per say, daily Masses for the Dead much much more often.

Does this mean the missals we have now like from Baronius and Angelus Press will be no good anymore?

Restore all the octaves!
(09-19-2011, 06:38 PM)richness of tradition Wrote: [ -> ]Does this mean the missals we have now like from Baronius and Angelus Press will be no good anymore?

Nah.

My husband still uses a 1950s missal of some sort.  (I don't know the exact year.) I used to do the same before I had the money for my Baronius.  Basically, as long as you get the gist, you're fine.
"My husband still uses a 1950s missal of some sort."

I use the Llibre Vermell (red book).  You can glue your favorite prayers wherever you want.  Of course I still use a Missal during Holy Week and for Holy Days.
(09-19-2011, 06:58 PM)OCLittleFlower Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-19-2011, 06:38 PM)richness of tradition Wrote: [ -> ]Does this mean the missals we have now like from Baronius and Angelus Press will be no good anymore?

Nah.

My husband still uses a 1950s missal of some sort.  (I don't know the exact year.) I used to do the same before I had the money for my Baronius.  Basically, as long as you get the gist, you're fine.

It depends how much they change the calendar.  If you look at a the missal from 1815 the calendar is radically different.  The current calendar we use has been fairly stable since the 1920s. 

I wouldn't imagine they would change thing up too much, but maybe if SSPX gets regularized they will come out for a radical revamp of the calendar so more people buy Angelus Missals!!
Why would you want the '62 missal to be "renovated"?  Tradition means "not changing".

Like I said on another thread - keep going this way and soon you are going to have TLMs with the rainbow vestments and the Our-Father-hand-holders.

If it was good enough for 500 years onward from Trent - it's good enough for me.
(09-19-2011, 06:56 PM)tmw89 Wrote: [ -> ]Restore all the octaves!

Octaves should be reserved for the holiest feasts of the Church.. I would love to see many of bigger Octaves restored, especially as most were removed and not replaced with anything.  So you can look at the calendar and see where there is nothing now.

But, I am not sure if we need to restore the simple Octaves like that of Saint John the Apostle.  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9