FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Coming Soon: The 2012 Missal?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Tradition and the Roman Missal haven't been "annihilated". More anti-Roman hyperbole.
(09-20-2011, 08:59 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-20-2011, 08:57 PM)archdiocesan Wrote: [ -> ]OK, let's sort the men from the boys: who wants the Easter Vigil back on the Saturday morning?

Oh, goodness. Say what you will about the Holy Week revisions, pro or con.... but I don't know how the Church ever tolerated having the Easter Vigil on Saturday morning. That's like having Christmas midnight Mass on Christmas Eve morning.

This.  

And I agree with NOtard that it's totally worth spending several hours in church for the Easter Vigil.  Our complaint is the revised post-1955 TLM Easter Vigil actually cut out most of the readings and overall shortened the mass.  It's still an amazing experience, but I'd love to experience the old Easter Vigil.  When I attended my first Easter Vigil I was using a pre-1955 missal which had the old Holy Week and I was dissapointed to realize how much was cut out.  
(09-20-2011, 09:08 PM)StevusMagnus Wrote: [ -> ]I can see this being a big problem. As more VCII saints are canonized, how are you going to, on the one hand revere them, who annihilated Tradition and the Mass you attend, and also be Traditional and pray the Traditional Mass? More conciliar schizophrenia.

Yeah it would be horrible to attend the Feast of Saint Padre Pio. 
(09-20-2011, 09:10 PM)archdiocesan Wrote: [ -> ]Tradition and the Roman Missal haven't been "annihilated". More anti-Roman hyperbole.

Paul VI and JPII didn't annihilate Tradition and the TLM?

Could have fooled me. They did their level best.
(09-20-2011, 09:11 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-20-2011, 09:08 PM)StevusMagnus Wrote: [ -> ]I can see this being a big problem. As more VCII saints are canonized, how are you going to, on the one hand revere them, who annihilated Tradition and the Mass you attend, and also be Traditional and pray the Traditional Mass? More conciliar schizophrenia.

Yeah it would be horrible to attend the Feast of Saint Padre Pio. 

Yes, that's exactly who I had in mind.

Can you see a solemn TLM commemorating Saint Paul VI who canned Tradition and the Mass? JPII? Mother Theresa who prayed with Hindus? St. Escriva who promoted VCII errors on religious liberty, ecumenism,  etc.?
Repeat.
I've been to the pre-1955 Easter Vigil - but done in the evening, so the whole thing was probably doubly illicit. Lasted four hours, and

it
was
glorious.
(09-20-2011, 09:24 PM)archdiocesan Wrote: [ -> ]I've been to the pre-1955 Easter Vigil - but done in the evening, so the whole thing was probably doubly illicit. Lasted four hours, and

it
was
glorious.

Pope John XXIII never celebrated the post-1955 Holy Week.
How did that work? Pius XII made the reforms, and then John XXIII ignored them?
(09-20-2011, 09:39 PM)archdiocesan Wrote: [ -> ]How did that work? Pius XII made the reforms, and then John XXIII ignored them?

Yep.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9