FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Do You Think the Holy Ghost Chose Pope Benedict XVI....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
(10-02-2011, 06:58 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-02-2011, 05:30 PM)paul11b Wrote: [ -> ]I think that it is Jesus' Church and the gates of Hell will not prevail against it. The Church may be going through a rough spot now but I think that ultimately it is Jesus' Church and he won't let it fail. He wouldn't let a Pope be elected by man, even if it were a "human conspiracy" it's Jesus' Church so he still gets the Pope he wants.

So Jesus wants bad popes, adulterous popes, heretical popes?

Judging by the history of the papacy, there have been a few.
No it is obvious Jesus wants good Popes, but even Popes have freewill.
Bad Popes are not proof that the Holy Ghost does not inspire the college of cardinals to chose a particular Pope.
(09-30-2011, 12:19 PM)dan hunter Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-30-2011, 12:49 AM)Stubborn Wrote: [ -> ]Well Dan hears HG all the time at SSPX chapels - which is a crock.

I stand by what I posted because it is as simple as that.
Interesting you go to my SSPX chapel Stubborn.
I have never met you there, but next time I am there for Mass is October 9 at 5pm.
I hope to meet you there and we will talk after Mass.
To recognize me I sit in the front left row with my wife and I have a shaved head and a beard.
Since you know what the SSPX says in his sermons I am sure you are there and I will meet you, unless you are unable to make it that Sunday and I will see you another day.

Dan, since Stubborn attends the same SSPX Mass you do and knows that your priest uses HG instead of HS, despite what you hear, I'm really looking forward to a report of your conversation when you two meet next Sunday! :laughing:
(10-03-2011, 01:00 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-30-2011, 12:49 AM)Stubborn Wrote: [ -> ]Well Dan hears HG all the time at SSPX chapels - which is a crock.

I have never met you there, but next time I am there for Mass is October 9 at 5pm.
To recognize me I sit in the front left row with my wife and I have a shaved head and a beard.
Since you know what the SSPX says in his sermons I am sure you are there and I will meet you, unless you are unable to make it that Sunday and I will see you another day.

Dan, since Stubborn attends the same SSPX Mass you do and knows that your priest uses HG instead of HS, despite what you hear, I'm really looking forward to a report of your conversation when you two meet next Sunday! :laughing:

I don't go to his NO church - nor do I go to his trad chapel. Nor do I need too and neither should you to know the language of the NO uses HS and the language of trads use HG. You're old enough and should know that by now. If you didn't know that, well, you know it now.

Dan attends the NO - as such, he is in the habit to seeing what's not there. All his claim does is prove why one should not attend the NO, then attend the TLM - obviously they do not hear correctly. Feel free to post a youtube of a trad priest using HS like a NO priest does - or post one of a NO priest using HG like a trad priest does. I say that it's Not going to happen.

If you find one, most likely, at best it will be a prot's attempt at appearing ultra "conservative" - or a "conservative" NO priest who uses HG - but good luck.  :laughing:

(10-02-2011, 07:17 PM)paul11b Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-02-2011, 05:30 PM)paul11b Wrote: [ -> ]I think that it is Jesus' Church and the gates of Hell will not prevail against it. The Church may be going through a rough spot now but I think that ultimately it is Jesus' Church and he won't let it fail. He wouldn't let a Pope be elected by man, even if it were a "human conspiracy" it's Jesus' Church so he still gets the Pope he wants.

I don't know what Jesus wants but I know it's His Church and the gates of Hell won't prevail against it. I also know that Jesus works in mysterious ways, I wouldn't want to say why Jesus allows the things that he does.

That's not what you said in the previous post.

You said that Jesus "wouldn't let a Pope be elected by man, even if it were a "human conspiracy" it's Jesus' Church so he still gets the Pope he wants," thus implying that you know what Jesus positively wants and that He positively elects bad popes.

I know that God allows evil and obviously God allows the college of cardinals to elect bad popes.
I believe that Benedict XVI's elevation to the papacy is intended as a sort of second chance...a way for him to set to rights all the wrongs that he had a hand in within the Church.  Just my $.02.
(10-03-2011, 08:20 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-02-2011, 07:17 PM)paul11b Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't know what Jesus wants but I know it's His Church and the gates of Hell won't prevail against it. I also know tat Jesus works in mysterious ways, I wouldn't want to say why Jesus allows the things that he does.

That's not what you said in the previous post.

You said that Jesus "wouldn't let a Pope be elected by man, even if it were a "human conspiracy" it's Jesus' Church so he still gets the Pope he wants," thus implying that you know what Jesus positively wants and that He positively elects bad popes.

I know that God allows evil and obviously God allows the college of cardinals to elect bad popes.

I think it is at least thinkable that God positively elects all Popes. Didn't Jesus positively  choose Judas as one of his special friends, but then just allow him to be bad?  Choosing a man doesn't mean choosing his evil. Choosing a bad Pope works ultimately to the greater glory of God, since God works good out of evil. Still we have to recognize the evil, in the man or coming from him., or even from the human instruments who elected him.
Very good point Doce.
(10-03-2011, 06:28 AM)Stubborn Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-03-2011, 01:00 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't go to his NO church - nor do I go to his trad chapel. Nor do I need too and neither should you to know the language of the NO uses HS and the language of trads use HG. You're old enough and should know that by now. If you didn't know that, well, you know it now.

Dan attends the NO - as such, he is in the habit to seeing what's not there. All his claim does is prove why one should not attend the NO, then attend the TLM - obviously they do not hear correctly. Feel free to post a youtube of a trad priest using HS like a NO priest does - or post one of a NO priest using HG like a trad priest does. I say that it's Not going to happen.

If you find one, most likely, at best it will be a prot's attempt at appearing ultra "conservative" - or a "conservative" NO priest who uses HG - but good luck.  :laughing:
Wow!
Stubborn is somehow on to me!
I am actually a third generation Zoroastrian girl named Murgatroid Melchior Cockwalloper and attend temple services in an old badger den three furlongs from my waddle hut, so of course he would not be privy to my religous practices.
Darn ol' evil Novus Ordo, its for westerners.
dan, can I quote that in my sig?

It's possibly one of the funniest things Iv'e ever seen on this site
(10-03-2011, 05:37 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]dan, can I quote that in my sig?

It's possibly one of the funniest things Iv'e ever seen on this site
Go for it and thank you.
I have a hard time pretending to be serious.
See all my postings from the Womens "Swimsuit" section. It was hilarious seeing lolanthe get her knickers all bunched up,
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13