FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Do You Think the Holy Ghost Chose Pope Benedict XVI....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Oh, come now, Archdiocesan, we all know that the SSPX are modernist sell-outs...  ;)
I vote Holy Ghost..... The Holy Father has done some things I am uncomfortable with, but he also has done some great things I don't think any other person would have done as the Supreme Pontiff. For example, Universae Ecclesiae and Summorum Pontificum did more to liberate the traditional Mass than any act since Vatican II, despite their shortcomings. Then there's the recent choices of new bishops. Most have been a step in the right direction.
And then there's also scandals like Assisi and how we shouldn't pray for Jews in a "missionary sense."

Holy Ghost alright!
(09-29-2011, 01:52 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]And then there's also scandals like Assisi and how we shouldn't pray for Jews in a "missionary sense."

Holy Ghost alright!
The Holy Ghost did lead to his election, but his actions are still his own. Remember, infallibility tends to be rare, but is a great blessing every time. Take John Paul II. His only instance of infallibility that I am aware of was declaring that women can never become priests. That was the Holy Ghost acting. His questionable actions, were of his own doing. We see a similar case with Pope Benedict. The Holy Ghost provides guidance, but rarely will act to prevent lamentable actions. That is why we must always pray for him to obtain grace to do what is pleasing to God.
The Holy Ghost was responsible for Peters election and Judas appointment.
The Holy Ghost is not responsible for their free will decisions.
The bigger issue is that the spirit/ghost debate is a stupid debate.

They both mean the same thing. Why can't you fight important battles? This one is stupid and unimportant.
Well Dan hears HG all the time at SSPX chapels - which is a crock.

I stand by what I posted because it is as simple as that.
(09-30-2011, 12:49 AM)Stubborn Wrote: [ -> ]Well Dan hears HG all the time at SSPX chapels - which is a crock.

\I think you meant 'HS' and, so, you're flat calling Dan a liar, eh?
(09-30-2011, 01:21 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-30-2011, 12:49 AM)Stubborn Wrote: [ -> ]Well Dan hears HG all the time at SSPX chapels - which is a crock.

\I think you meant 'HS' and, so, you're flat calling Dan a liar, eh?

Yes, I meant HS and no I'm not calling him a liar - I said that statement is a crock  - there is no way SSPX priests use HS like the NOers - anymore than the title of this thread used it - HG *is* a trad thing and HS is a NO thing.
Nothing happens against the will of God. That said, I think that God permitted His election in accordance with His permissive will.

Nevertheless, I pray for him everyday and remember him in every one of my rosaries.

Everyone who is responsible for the salvation of so many souls needs an endless flow of prayers.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13