FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Do You Think the Holy Ghost Chose Pope Benedict XVI....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Or do you, like me, think that Cardinal Ratzinger and the power structure at the Vatican, used their influence to assure a Ratzinger victory.  Keep in mind two things please:

1)  The advent of the College of Bishops makes this possible.  Bishops autonomy is dissolved into a group where seniority carries much more weight than previously.

2)  Whichever way it went, the Pope is still just as much the Pope.
If it wasn't the Holy Ghost then we have to ask why He only intervenes in certain conclaves.
God's providence guides all things, and God guides His Church in particular, but conclaves are certainly not divinely inspired in the strict sense.
I am very grateful that God gave us this Pope.  I love him and I pray for him every day.  
(09-21-2011, 07:57 PM)JayneK Wrote: [ -> ]I am very grateful that God gave us this Pope.  I love him and I pray for him every day.  

This.

I think the Holy Ghost gave him to us.  Remember the media speculation that we would be given a liberal "reformer" -- and yet we were given B16.  :D
According to my family, Mary chose John Paul II.
Why not just a simple Yes or No?  Stupid choices.
We have Benedict XVI as our Holy Father by the grace of God. He's the best pope we've had since Pius XII. Yes, I do think the Holy Ghost gave him to us. He is doing incredible things for the Church after fifty years of disaster.
(09-21-2011, 08:21 PM)Raskolnikov Wrote: [ -> ]We have Benedict XVI as our Holy Father by the grace of God. He's the best pope we've had since Pius XII. Yes, I do think the Holy Ghost gave him to us. He is doing incredible things for the Church after fifty years of disaster.

Yes.  The man obviously has his faults (who among us doesn't). He has said and done some wacko things, but his efforts to restore what was lost have been laudable.
God's rottweiler or wolf in sheep's clothing?

Let his words and actions speak for themselves.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13