FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: I owe some of you an apology..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Did any Catholics believe he was present in just their tabernacle?

Pope Michael I or Pius the XIII might believe this now.  But who believed it in 1966?

What was Fr. Ratzinger talking about then? Why attack an error which nobody holds?
I'm a bit confused as to where Vetus stands. Here he tells us that "the Pope is the final arbiter in matters of faith and morals"; elsewhere he suggests that we've reached a situation in the Church such that "a Catholic cannot trust the Pope as the final arbiter in matters of faith and morals".

???
(09-22-2011, 03:32 PM)Gerard Wrote: [ -> ]Is that actually true?  In order to worship God in the real presence in a Church, one MUST assume that God is somehow confined.  There is no alternative.

To be perfectly honest I, with Archdiocesan, would like to see a reference for it.  It's amazing what some people will believe what they read on the internet.  But lets be clear.. it's not a heresy to state that Christ is not locally present or confined (in the sense of a place).
(09-22-2011, 04:00 PM)archdiocesan Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a bit confused as to where Vetus stands. Here he tells us that "the Pope is the final arbiter in matters of faith and morals"; elsewhere he suggests that we've reached a situation in the Church such that "a Catholic cannot trust the Pope as the final arbiter in matters of faith and morals".

???

It must good modernism double-speak and contradiction...
(09-22-2011, 03:45 PM)archdiocesan Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone have the German of what Pope Benedict wrote? The only sources carrying this English translation (which must be unofficial, since the work has never been published in English) seem to be websites run by fruitcakes.

It's not that I don't trust sedevacantists to translate accurately the writings of a subtle German theologian for whom they harbour an intense hatred, but it'd be nice to see the original.

Right....like this is their only serious point.

The modern hierarchy stand accused om so many charges that the chances that none of them taught error are laughable.

Look how many catholics today believe error.  Look at the Pope's visit to Germany where he will be involved in a joint prayer service with a "Bishop"ess.  How is that not approving women clergy by association with them in their heretical services?

Some fucker obviously was teaching error or not stopping it being taught because so many Catholics believe error.

If you got the German translation and interpreted it to mean something else how could I judge what it meant since I don't speak German?

I certainly don't trust people who think the Pope is a friend of Tradition to do the translating either because I've seen them stick their own head up their arse line a Chinese contortionist to avoid seeing the truth.
" fucker"

Said in a robot voice.Ala Stephen Hawking.
(09-22-2011, 03:56 PM)ggreg Wrote: [ -> ]Did any Catholics believe he was present in just their tabernacle?
Pope Michael I or Pius the XIII might believe this now.  But who believed it in 1966?

What was Fr. Ratzinger talking about then? Why attack an error which nobody holds?

LOL, Freemasons, protestants, and satanists infiltrating Fr. Ratzinger's mind with mind numbing red and blue pills???? :o  
(09-22-2011, 04:03 PM)City Smurf Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-22-2011, 03:32 PM)Gerard Wrote: [ -> ]Is that actually true?  In order to worship God in the real presence in a Church, one MUST assume that God is somehow confined.  There is no alternative.

To be perfectly honest I, with Archdiocesan, would like to see a reference for it.  It's amazing what some people will believe what they read on the internet.  But lets be clear.. it's not a heresy to state that Christ is not locally present or confined (in the sense of a place).

But it is inanely stupid to point out an error that nobody holds.

No Catholic ever thought that Jesus was trapped in the host like Zod and his two buddies from the Planet Krypton.

So clearly since the Pope is not a stupid man and no rationalist ever thought Catholics did believe such a stupid thing, he MUST have had another meaning and purpose when he wrote those words.
(09-22-2011, 04:11 PM)ggreg Wrote: [ -> ]But it is inanely stupid to point out an error that nobody holds.

No Catholic ever thought that Jesus was trapped in the host like Zod and his two buddies from the Planet Krypton.

So clearly since the Pope is not a stupid man and no rationalist ever thought Catholics did believe such a stupid thing, he MUST have had another meaning and purpose when he wrote those words.

Well what I want to know is.. did he write them?  I want the original German please.

And just pause and think for a moment.. the chalice was withheld from the faithful to combat the error that you had to consume the Host and from the chalice.. you would be surprised what some people could erroneously believe.
(09-22-2011, 03:45 PM)archdiocesan Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone have the German of what Pope Benedict wrote? The only sources carrying this English translation (which must be unofficial, since the work has never been published in English) seem to be websites run by fruitcakes.

It's not that I don't trust sedevacantists to translate accurately the writings of a subtle German theologian for whom they harbour an intense hatred, but it'd be nice to see the original.

I know what you mean and agree.  It's like reading the Pope's description of Bishop Williamson in "Light of the World."  It's full of false information.  Things that a simple google search could have clarified. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12