FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: I owe some of you an apology..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
"Cardinal Ratzinger" Wrote:To go to church on the ground that one can visit God who is present there is a senseless act which modern man rightfully rejects

If there is a better translation or analysis that proves that the (then) Cardinal did not mean what he seems to say here, then by all means let's find it.

But as it stands, this is an impious slap in the face to all those who make visits to the Blessed Sacrament, or even make the sign of the cross in front
of a Church.  It is absurd to think that these people think that Our Lord is only present in THEIR tabernacle or on THEIR tongue.

I think that objectively this is a slap in the face to Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament.
(09-22-2011, 04:19 PM)Doce Me Wrote: [ -> ]If there is a better translation or analysis that proves that the (then) Cardinal did not mean what he seems to say here, then by all means let's find it.

But as it stands, this is an impious slap in the face to all those who make visits to the Blessed Sacrament, or even make the sign of the cross in front
of a Church.  It is absurd to think that these people think that Our Lord is only present in THEIR tabernacle or on THEIR tongue.

I think that objectively this is a slap in the face to Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament.

Try not to judge it too quickly.  We don't know what exactly Ratzinger said here.
(09-22-2011, 04:11 PM)ggreg Wrote: [ -> ]No Catholic ever thought that Jesus was trapped in the host like Zod and his two buddies from the Planet Krypton.

HAHA :rofl: :rofl:  This thread has some funny stuff!!!

Look, save your breath, no matter how much you write on the matter some people who post in here will never get it, so insert one of these! [Image: 2066.gif]
The Phantom Zone Heresy.  It was well known around the time of Vatican II.  Modernist clerics who were just about to relegate the Tabernacle to the side chapel and buy an ugly concrete box to replace the gold one and quickly go on to hand the sacred host out like crackers to bored refugee camp tenants, wanted to point out that Jesus was not stuck inside the Tabernacle and the Key for the Tabernacle was not to lock him in like a prisoner at night.

This is the most charitable interpretation of what Fr. Ratzinger wrote.  If nuts is charitable.

Lot of drugs in the 1960s.  It was a crazy time (so they say).
(09-22-2011, 04:21 PM)City Smurf Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-22-2011, 04:19 PM)Doce Me Wrote: [ -> ]If there is a better translation or analysis that proves that the (then) Cardinal did not mean what he seems to say here, then by all means let's find it.

Try not to judge it too quickly.  We don't know what exactly Ratzinger said here.

I think the past 45 years tend to suggest that our "judgement" is not exactly rash.

Along with other heretical and heterodox garbage the man has written
Greg, either provide the original from Father Ratzinger's writings, or shut up.
Why do I need to provide it.  Father Ratzinger has written enough other heretical and heterodox stuff.  Are you suggesting it is all mistranslated?

(09-22-2011, 05:20 PM)ggreg Wrote: [ -> ]Why do I need to provide it.  Father Ratzinger has written enough other heretical and heterodox stuff.  Are you suggesting it is all mistranslated?
Such as.....
no shit. ggreg. and even if you did   provide it i. f its in English they would  demand it in z German. and even if you provided it in  German they would demand it in the original. and even if you showed the exact original they would demand in his hand writing. and even if you provided it in his hand writing they would want it proved against his other known hand writting samples. and would demand at least two witnesses that it indeed was his very own hands that wrote it, perhaps nothing less then verifiable prints on the alleged pen he used. and even if you did that, they would question the translation as you can never translate anything exact hence there will always be room fro modernists to weasel. its just like jpii kissing the koran. they denied it to high heaven until a pic was shown then of course they said
he was only smelling it
can make this shit up
funny
AD has already silenced this case, lets move on shall we?  You were wrong, deal with it (though I should add that your attempts to defame the Holy Father for heresy etc., is quite disturbing).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12