FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Papal Mass in the Olympic Stadium
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
is anyone else watching it?  The music is HORRIBLE .  they started playing a damn electric guitar during the offertory! :realmad:  what the hell is that!!?!?!?

I can understand the holy father offering the mass in a stadium for the sake of space and for it being the NO I can understand slightly shitty music but for God's sake!  a saxophone and a electric guitar!?

Does the Holy Father know the mass settings and the way the make shift sanctuary is going to be put together in advance? Who is in charge of this?
Perhaps the Scorpions might play the communion hymns. That would be swell.

One can only hope.
I felt like one of the deacons was going to  :metal: during the offertory.
It's so refreshing to see God's rottweiler in action.

Actions speak louder than words.
Maybe they will rip into a rendition of "Speedys Coming" for the recessional:

This song would be a good one to play as the Pope leaves the stadium:

(09-22-2011, 01:51 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]It's so refreshing to see God's rottweiler in action.

Actions speak louder than words.
C'mon
Pope Benedict XVI had nothing to do with that musical malady.
The MSM gave him that moniker, so it means nothing.
(09-22-2011, 02:22 PM)dan hunter Wrote: [ -> ]Pope Benedict XVI had nothing to do with that musical malady.

I used to think like this, too.  But let's not pretend that he's so powerless as to prevent it from happening in the first place.

He's not a new pope anymore.  His presumed irritation is still tacit approval.
I cannot stand the naivety of some people on this board.  It is so contrived.

"He had nothing to do with the music" ???

Bullshit.  He is the Pope.  This crap has gone on at nearly every Papal mess for the last 25 years.  All he needs to do is put out a directive warning the organisers that if they do anything disrespectful they are going to find themselves promoted to apostolic delegate to Yemen.  It would soon stop.

Saying he is not to blame is like saying that parents are not to blame for a whole brood of completely out of control feral children.
(09-22-2011, 02:22 PM)dan hunter Wrote: [ -> ]C'mon
Pope Benedict XVI had nothing to do with that musical malady.

:laughing:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6