FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Question about SSPX prelature speculation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm sure many have seen some speculation on various blogs and sites that, following the recent talks, the SSPX might be regularized through a personal prelature or some other structure with significant independence from diocesan bishops. What makes me skeptical, however, is how Rome would justify this against the example of existing traditional priestly orders including FSSP and ICKSP. Would they remain relegated to 'second class TLM providers?' It seems unlikely that SSPX would be given the power to roam at will, poach faithful from other orders and the dioceses, etc. Opus Dei was given the prelature, but doesn't challenge the NO; and as far as I can tell the Pope hasn't modified his general intellectual scheme of  the hermeneutic of continuity and the idea of the two forms of the same rite. On the other hand, I don't believe the bishops of the Society will agree to much less.

I hope this question doesn't spark a brawl. I've got no skin in the game, having only lived in places with access to either diocesan NO or TLM, and that's unlikely to change in the foreseeable future.

If you see the compromise inherent in their relationships with Rome as well as their local ordinaries as being inferior to the SSPX; then they are already of "second class" status.

Insofar as "poaching" goes, the SSPX has souls come to them from other Traditional orders and communities; They do not actively "poach" trads from said groups. I do not see this changing sunstanatively any time soon