FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Explanation of the Mysteries of the Holy Rosary
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone have a link to a PDF or webpage giving a deep explanation of the mysteries of the Most Holy Rosary?  Something like Saint Alphosus's treatise on the Seven Dolours of Our Lady.
You should read Saint Louis de Montfort's Secret of the Rosary.

http://www.catholictradition.org/Classic...rosary.htm
(09-23-2011, 12:18 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: [ -> ]You should read Saint Louis de Montfort's Secret of the Rosary.

http://www.catholictradition.org/Classic...rosary.htm

Read it, thoroughly enjoyed it, bought the t-shirt.  Big fan of it but Saint Louis more sets out to explain why we should pray the rosary.  Perhaps I should have been clearer in my title..  the Secret of the Rosary simply doesn't have much substance on the meditations of the rosary, which is what I am after.
Sounds like you're perhaps after a Scriptual reference to the mysteries. That may help, do a search on that. I can't recall if De Montfot's book goes into that or not.

The Dominicans have a rosary apostolate on line that gives a meditation for each bead. Do a search on Rosary + Dominicans. The site has a pink, or should I say rosw colored background.

Divine Intimacy will help anyone contemplate many of the mysteries of the Rosary among many others. Thoughts from the most prolific and holy of the dislaced Carmelites.

But, I think praying the rosary is where the mysteries will begin to unfold.
(09-23-2011, 02:34 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote: [ -> ].....But, I think praying the rosary is where the mysteries will begin to unfold.

The king of presumption strikes again....
Do you have anything of substance to add?

Not sure I know what it is you are trying to communicate.

(09-23-2011, 02:45 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have anything of substance to add?

Not sure I know what it is you are trying to communicate.

sure ya' do
Dear friend of cityful and smurfish nature, please accept this suggestion: the Dominican Manual of 1913.

http://www.archive.org/details/dominicanmanuals00dubl

Just click the PDF link on the far left to see/download it. Page 266 of the PDF begins a short set of explanations of the mysteries. The entire manual is crammed with every prayer you can possibly imagine, with indulgences. It's fairly simple and beginnerish, but what do you expect from a neophyte? ;D
Thanks for the link Laetare.  It looks like a book I'd really like to own, but the editions I've found state clearly that there will be pages missing, typos etc., sadly.  though I will look at the PDF!

(09-23-2011, 02:34 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like you're perhaps after a Scriptual reference to the mysteries. That may help, do a search on that. I can't recall if De Montfot's book goes into that or not.

The Dominicans have a rosary apostolate on line that gives a meditation for each bead. Do a search on Rosary + Dominicans. The site has a pink, or should I say rosw colored background.

I don't think that's really what I am after.  My copy of the Secret of the Rosary has a method which includes a meditation for each Ave etc., (though not including scripture quotes etc.) but I find it tends to take me out of the moment.  I'm trying to more my meditation in a more.. hmm.. conversational direction?

Quote:Divine Intimacy will help anyone contemplate many of the mysteries of the Rosary among many others. Thoughts from the most prolific and holy of the dislaced Carmelites.

I really want to pick up Divine Intimacy.  But it's simply so darn expensive!

Quote:But, I think praying the rosary is where the mysteries will begin to unfold.

I'm praying three chaplets a day (sometimes I can only fit in one or two sadly).  I just don't feel I'm getting much out of my meditations that are almost like a film in my head.  I'm not connecting to them.

[/quote]
http://www.angeluspress.org/oscatalog/it...f-our-lady

This one is awesome. Complete with illustrations! I'll do a comic based on it one of these days.
Pages: 1 2