FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: SSPX spokesman: "Agreement with Rome would solve the canonical situation"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Did the bishops know what was going on in the council?  why did we even need a second vatican council?

I ask myself that question nearly every day. What was there to gain from a 2nd Vatican Council? What were the warning signs (coughFatimacough) against rushing into it?
Well, what would make so very happy and Abe Foxman spin like in the Exorcist is if they accept, and Pope Benedict XVI makes Bishop Williamson a Cardinal. Assigning him somewhere in the Vatican to keep him from speaking about political things, but gives him a role to straighten out the conflicting documents. Like perhaps the successor to Cardinal Levada. Oh what wonderful irony !
:o

tim 
If and when the SSPX are regularised it will be a great day for Christs Church.
The SSPX will have a lot more influence over all Catholics when they are canonically regular.
Just think of all the new people that will be coming to SSPX Masses and hearing solid orthodox sermons, that they do not hear in their diocesan parishes.
There will be absolutely no doubt, for all that might, that SSPX confessions and marriages are valid.
There will be the chance for SSPX bishops to be made cardinals and the ramifications of this are huge.
There will immediately be 500 more priests available to those faithful who for whatever reason are sitting on the fence as regards the TLM.

The SSPX priests will be able to attend diocesan deanery meetings and be a great influence of good on diocesan priests.
etcetera.
And they will not have to compromise one iota of the Faith

inthink your exagersting
look at the fssp?
They were literally chased out of Toronto by the diaces
being regularized didn't help them much. Rome still hasn't een kept up their end of rhe bargain regarding bishops
look
it's good to be happy but do t be blind
really
sip
(09-23-2011, 04:13 PM)Canisius12 Wrote: [ -> ]I pray this happens for the sake of the Church and the good influence the SSPX can have, but I also want to see Foxman and the ADL go ballistic

I must admit that I look forward to the sort of people who will be annoyed by it being annoyed by it.
"They were literally chased out of Toronto by the diaces"

The FSSP was chased out by the local Ordinary,

The SSPX will not have to answer to the local Ordinaries, otherwise they would not become canonically regular.

One of the reasons that the Society is seriously considering this is that they would recieve an Apostolic Ordinariate or prelature where they would only have to answer to the Pope.

This is very good news.
We will see. Given history or rhe last 40 years it's very difficult to trust anything out inthe Vatican.
Anyway
we will see
Yes, we will see.
Let the regularization begin!
(09-23-2011, 06:22 PM)JayneK Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-23-2011, 04:13 PM)Canisius12 Wrote: [ -> ]I pray this happens for the sake of the Church and the good influence the SSPX can have, but I also want to see Foxman and the ADL go ballistic

I must admit that I look forward to the sort of people who will be annoyed by it being annoyed by it.

Exactly, and why not really let them know where they stand by beatifying Pius XII?
Pages: 1 2 3