FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The little things: The Papal tiara
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://www.thetablet.co.uk/blogsub.php?id=185&ti=17

So it was interesting to note that on Friday, during an ecumenical prayer service in the former Augustinian church (now Protestant) where Martin Luther was ordained and celebrated his first Mass, the Pope wore a stole that depicted his personal coat of arms topped by the triple-crown tiara. Talk about sending a message! If there is anyone who railed against the imperial papacy, it was surely Luther.

You know as a Catholic my thoughts on a certain Martin Luther are rather limited. After reading his writings and taking his theories to their obvious logical conclusions you would think the man either crazy or processed. Why, then is it that we must pay so much respect according to these liberal fools to a man that for all intents are purposes is right now burning in hell to which most of what he held as true Christianity has been rejected even by its own namesake followers? To me this just makes no sense.
(09-25-2011, 12:30 AM)Unum Sint Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.thetablet.co.uk/blogsub.php?id=185&ti=17

So it was interesting to note that on Friday, during an ecumenical prayer service in the former Augustinian church (now Protestant) where Martin Luther was ordained and celebrated his first Mass, the Pope wore a stole that depicted his personal coat of arms topped by the triple-crown tiara. Talk about sending a message! If there is anyone who railed against the imperial papacy, it was surely Luther.

You know as a Catholic my thoughts on a certain Martin Luther are rather limited. After reading his writings and taking his theories to their obvious logical conclusions you would think the man either crazy or processed. Why, then is it that we must pay so much respect according to these liberal fools to a man that for all intents are purposes is right now burning in hell to which most of what he held as true Christianity has been rejected even by its own namesake followers? To me this just makes no sense.

So it would seem.

Benedict XVI is not stupid. He does these things for a reason, if you read his views from his own pen. If you understand what Rome is up to, it all makes sense. They are simply putting into effect the false principles developed hundreds of years ago and formally introduced into Christianity at the time of the Council. The only part that surprises me is how cautious they are being now that the Council has been mostly accepted by Catholics. They really don't want to lose the growing traditional Catholic movement that is slowly following them.
At least it's cool that he wore a stole that depicted his personal coat of arms topped by the triple-crown tiara.  Maybe he should go to that 2017 500th anniversary of Luther's apostasy wearing the actual tiara presented to him by that group from Hungary or Slovakia or wherever they were from.
(09-25-2011, 02:43 AM)mikemac Wrote: [ -> ]At least it's cool that he wore a stole that depicted his personal coat of arms topped by the triple-crown tiara.  Maybe he should go to that 2017 500th anniversary of Luther's apostasy wearing the actual tiara presented to him by that group from Hungary or Slovakia or wherever they were from.

Yes, but his official Arms are the first Papal Arms since the invention of heraldry to NOT use the tiara. Even Pope John Paull II kept it in his Arms. Pope Benedict dropped it in favour of a mitre.
(09-25-2011, 03:28 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-25-2011, 02:43 AM)mikemac Wrote: [ -> ]At least it's cool that he wore a stole that depicted his personal coat of arms topped by the triple-crown tiara.  Maybe he should go to that 2017 500th anniversary of Luther's apostasy wearing the actual tiara presented to him by that group from Hungary or Slovakia or wherever they were from.

Yes, but his official Arms are the first Papal Arms since the invention of heraldry to NOT use the tiara. Even Pope John Paull II kept it in his Arms. Pope Benedict dropped it in favour of a mitre.

But I think there was a reason why he used the mitre instead of the tiara, it was not purposely done (I could be wrong but I did hear a story which I can't remember)

What a smart move though, I love the Holy Father's way of showing we're right and they're wrong.
[Image: or110525121415308811.jpg]

[Image: or110525121416111333.jpg]

[Image: tiarapopebenedictxviins.jpg]

[Image: stemma231x300.jpg]      [Image: popebenedictxvicoatofar.jpg]

Sadly, this one is a Photoshop effort:

[Image: popebenedicttiaravincen.jpg]

That would be so awesome! Doing that would easily justify attending the jubilee celebrations.
A larger picture of the tiara on the Holy Father's arms, as imagined by the Vatican's gardeners:

[Image: benede16.jpg]
take that, protestants!  :bronxcheer:
(09-25-2011, 07:54 AM)LoyalVIews Wrote: [ -> ]But I think there was a reason why he used the mitre instead of the tiara, it was not purposely done (I could be wrong but I did hear a story which I can't remember)

I'd love to hear the story. How does one 'accidentally' alter a pattern of Arms hundreds of years old? And if it was a 'mistake', all it would take from the Holy Father is an 'Oops. Fix that'!
Pages: 1 2 3