FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: RORATE CAELI: Roman rumours of 2012 abdication + Vatican denial
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I heard it would be April 1st
(09-25-2011, 10:49 AM)Louis_Martin Wrote: [ -> ]I heard it would be April 1st

LOL

Not sure if Fr Lombardi's the sort to do it, but it would make for a good prank...
It could be a trial balloon to take the immediate pressure off of regularizing the SSPX.  If he thinks that is going to cause an explosion, people will be less likely to take it out on him if they think he's only in office a few more months. 
Pope Benedict has many times mentioned the possibility of abdicating if he felt he couldn't carry on the duties. I doubt he will unless his age or health makes it difficult for him to carry on his duties. 
I highly doubt it. If he fell into a state of ill health which was going to drag on for years and render him useless in the long-term as a leader, then perhaps. He seems to be in extremely good health, however, so there's currently nothing to fear on those grounds.
(09-25-2011, 12:28 PM)Raskolnikov Wrote: [ -> ]I highly doubt it. If he fell into a state of ill health which was going to drag on for years and render him useless in the long-term as a leader, then perhaps. He seems to be in extremely good health, however, so there's currently nothing to fear on those grounds.

He has lost quite a bit of weight over the past year. 
I'm not sure if that's a serious comment or not.

If he were experiencing any medical complications, I'm pretty sure we'd know about them.
(09-25-2011, 12:45 PM)Raskolnikov Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure if that's a serious comment or not.

If he were experiencing any medical complications, I'm pretty sure we'd know about them.

It is a serious comment.  I don't think he's dying. But I have noticed he has lost a bit of weight. 

To be honest, I really pray he doesn't.  It will set far too dangerous a precedent (barring Celestine whom no one takes seriously).
Pages: 1 2 3