FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Happy Michaelmas!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Happy Michaelmas to everyone!

[Image: St-Michael2.jpg]

[Image: cart21.jpg]

May the Prince of the Heavenly Host and the Prince of God's Angelic Army protect us all!

Sancte Michael Archangele,
defende nos in proelio;
contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.
Imperet illi Deus, supplices deprecamur:
tuque, Princeps militiae Caelestis,
satanam aliosque spiritus malignos,
qui ad perditionem animarum pervagantur in mundo,
divina virtute in infernum detrude.
Amen.

We, though unworthy,
pray to you,
Commander of the Heavenly Hosts.
Prayerfully guard us under the wings of your bodiless splendor.
Protect us,
who fervently turn to you and cry:
"Deliver us from harm,
as Commander of the Highest Powers."
Amen.
And a happy Michaelmas to you, too!
May the holy archangels look over and protect the Church, this website, and the failing western world.

I was walking around the dark kitchen, sleepless, and there was a large bang outside. In the cold air, silent police-lights showed up, then ambulances, and then a fire engine. It seemed as good a time as any to get on my knees on this incredibly brutal floor and offer a rosary. It must've been a horrible crash, because the entire highway was just filled with flashing lights. For some queer reason, I there was no pain or creaking in my knees. St. Michael was on my mind the entire term (Joyful Mysteries). It seemed a great power was at work, guiding that ambulance to its hospital. How silent and still the night air was after all that commotion!

Michael, guardian, Gabriel, messenger, Raphael, healer... such a great host of brethren to protect our fledgling little race. :)
I just got an e-mail that a 28 year old priest is offering the TLM at a parish today for the Feast.
This feast day originally celebrated all the angels. In 530 Pope Boniface II chose to dedicate a church to Saint Michael on this date and this feast came to be associated with the archangel. That ancient mass later became the 18th Sunday after Pentecost. The current mass we celebrate today is of much more recent composition.
Happy michaelmas to everyone :)