FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: 3 AM and the Devil
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there something particularly devilish about 3 AM?  Or is it just superstition... middle of the night and all.  I've noticed 3 AM coming up quite a bit in readings I'm doing on exorcisms.

Pax,
Jesse
I personally don't think it's mere superstition.

But I don't know if there's any substantial teaching on this.
Why 3 AM and not some other time?
(09-29-2011, 01:51 PM)Jesse Wrote: [ -> ]Why 3 AM and not some other time?

Christ triumphed at 3PM. 
(09-29-2011, 01:41 PM)Jesse Wrote: [ -> ]Is there something particularly devilish about 3 AM?  Or is it just superstition... middle of the night and all.  I've noticed 3 AM coming up quite a bit in readings I'm doing on exorcisms.

Pax,
Jesse

I have heard it being the inverse of 3pm, the hour of Christ's Death on the Cross and Victory
Silly me, I should have thought of that...
That seems rather superstitious. Wouldn't you think the devil would be most at work at 3 PM, seeing that he tried his hardest to get God killed at that time? Perhaps he's more active at 2:30 PM or 3:30 PM, just before and just after, to get us distracted from the Redeeming Act? The fact is that the devil is unceasing, and sleeps as little as the holy Archangel who is his rival. I can't stand temporal superstitions pertaining to the actions of a being who lives without time. Satan is a spirit, and thus lives in chiros; if needs be, he manifests in chronos to accomplish his evil.
It's a really popular time for dabblers in the occult to participate in seances.
In an exorcism movie they said it's 3:00 am to mock the Trinity. It's the movie where the priest was on trial, and I'm not remembering the name now, sorry.

tim
Probably The Exorcism of Emily Rose.
Pages: 1 2