FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Los Angeles/OC cantors and chanters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone... I am getting married next Saturday (10/15) in Wilmington. It is going to be the Tridentine mass. I am having the hardest time finding a cantor to lead the choir there. The priest performing the ceremony found a great gentleman but he has a busy day and can't make it. Any suggestions?
You should contact Una Voce Los Angeles, Una Voce San Bernardino, or Una Voce Orange, to see if they can help out and find someone.
If I had known earlier, I'd be willing to fly there to help out.
Thanks for the Una Voce suggestion. I'll give that a try.

And thanks for the couldawoulda offer but I definitely wouldn't have been willing to fly you out! Haha. I'm working with a very tight budget. I got so lucky with my custom tailored suit... three piece, circa 1890s ala Jude Law as Watson in Sherlock Holmes. Very reasonable pricing and probably cheaper than buying an off the rack.
(10-05-2011, 08:03 PM)MorganHiver Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the Una Voce suggestion. I'll give that a try.

And thanks for the couldawoulda offer but I definitely wouldn't have been willing to fly you out! Haha. I'm working with a very tight budget. I got so lucky with my custom tailored suit... three piece, circa 1890s ala Jude Law as Watson in Sherlock Holmes. Very reasonable pricing and probably cheaper than buying an off the rack.

I think HK would have paid if he'd have known you were wearing an 1800's suit.  :)
(10-05-2011, 08:03 PM)MorganHiver Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the Una Voce suggestion. I'll give that a try.

Also try Una Voce Ventura - Leo Raab, the president of that chapter, and other members of U V V are part of the schola that sings at Mission Buenaventura. They are also involved with the upcoming Gregorian Chant workshop in West Hollywood this coming weekend:

http://unavoceventura.org/

Sean McDermott is an option. A great great singer from a parish in my area. You can get his info from the priest. I don't know his rates, but if you want a great cantor, he's the one. I think he lives in the Long Beach area.

Contact, Mosignor Patrick Perez
(714) 635-0510 OR
pp918@pacbell.net

About Sean McDermott:
http://lamc.org/singers-mcdermott.php