FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Wow! Youtube vid (short) on TLM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Despeartely seeking-

There may be two problems (why people haven't commented yet)

One is that it is kind of glitzy.  Just a little.  A tad stylized.  Didn't bother me one bit, and I don't see how it could ruin it for someone, but apparently it can.

Two- and this probably more.  The video speaks favorably of the vatican and the HOly Father.  It speaks of the motu proprio as some sort of unfathomable step towards whatever when it was really just allowing the faithful to do what they had been commanded and catechized to do for 2000 years.  And there are fishies who think the motu proprio actually harms the traditional movement.

I'm one of those who thinks that we're on the up swing, and that things are getting better- even if very very very slowly with a few steps backward in the process.  But I don't speak for everyone, and I think that may have something to do with why there are next to no commments on this.
(10-07-2011, 07:01 PM)OCLittleFlower Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2011, 06:58 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2011, 06:54 PM)DesperatelySeeking Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2011, 06:42 PM)atlantis587 Wrote: [ -> ]That song is ridiculously overused. It also came from an awful and obscene movie.

Maybe, but I don't think I ever saw whatever movie that was.  Which one?

I like that avatar & tagline.  :laughing:

Reuquiem for a dream.  Great movie, but very serious and there are two scenes, one in particular that atlantis probably has in mind that were pretty... nasty.

Ahh.

I just associate it with being overused in Ice Dance.  :p

I have like 6 versions of the song on my pc.  It's a great song, and there were actually multiple versions in the movie itself.  It's been remade a katrillion times.

I think it's kicka ss.
(10-07-2011, 06:42 PM)atlantis587 Wrote: [ -> ]That song is ridiculously overused. It also came from an awful and obscene movie.

:laughing:

I knew exactly what song you were talking about before watching the clip.
(10-07-2011, 06:16 PM)DesperatelySeeking Wrote: [ -> ]149 thread views in 3 days, and not even a "gee, that was well done"?  Am I the only one who thought that was creative & well done?  Seriously?
???

Just watched it.  No you are not the only one...  I think it is creative and well done :)
I love the final image of the altar boy the Priest the Crucifix and angel carrying the Eucharist up to God. Does anyone know if it's available for purchase anywhere?
It used the soundtrack from Requiem for a Dream. Not creative at all.
:P
Pages: 1 2