FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Jesuit publication wants alter girls restored
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This may have been addressed already, but i find the arguments to be incredibly amusing.

http://www.americamagazine.org/content/a...e_id=13056

Read the comments, and look at the arguments made by the new-church crowd. Catachesis is surely dead in most of the western Church.
Ugh. I couldn't even read 10 of those comments let alone all 192. Where do these people get off thinking the laity have authority over the clergy? And where do they get off claiming that being an altar server is a right?? These people need to recall the words of St. Paul, "Women, keep silent in the churches." My goodness, all those idiot commenters would probably remove St. Paul's Epistles from the Canon for being a "misogynist."  >:( Honestly, why can't they just jump ship de facto, since they've already done it de jure??
They for got to mention that the late Holy Father's "policy" was an ex cathedra statement. In other words, to contradict it is heresy. This article, and the comments from the readers, are par for the course for the new religion.
It's altar, not alter.

Good english, please.
(10-08-2011, 12:09 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]It's altar, not alter.

Good english, please.

Technically, we could call them "alter girls" as a proper noun, for their inclusion in the liturgy may be compared to the building of a secret evil clone reptile automaton army to alter the face of the Church, and thus the face of the Earth and human history for all time. It's petty epic what alteration the forces of chaos are planning for our altars. >:( Satan really sucks.
(10-08-2011, 12:24 PM)Laetare Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2011, 12:09 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]It's altar, not alter.

Good english, please.

Technically, we could call them "alter girls" as a proper noun, for their inclusion in the liturgy may be compared to the building of a secret evil clone reptile automaton army to alter the face of the Church, and thus the face of the Earth and human history for all time. It's petty epic what alteration the forces of chaos are planning for our altars. >:( Satan really sucks.

Don't be so dramatic.

After all, there were deaconesses in the first centuries of the church. Perhaps we could recover that.
(10-08-2011, 12:32 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]Don't be so dramatic.

After all, there were deaconesses in the first centuries of the church. Perhaps we could recover that.

Yes, but we all know from the Anglicans that the early Church was protestant, and we can't go back to that! :P

I do find it interesting that in female Carthusian houses, the finally-vowed sister used to receive a maniple and stole. Deaconesses, I believe, were primarily just to aid in the unclothing, baptising, and vesting of females, among other things.
(10-08-2011, 10:57 AM)GloriaPatri Wrote: [ -> ]Ugh. I couldn't even read 10 of those comments let alone all 192. Where do these people get off thinking the laity have authority over the clergy? And where do they get off claiming that being an altar server is a right?? These people need to recall the words of St. Paul, "Women, keep silent in the churches." My goodness, all those idiot commenters would probably remove St. Paul's Epistles from the Canon for being a "misogynist."  >:( Honestly, why can't they just jump ship de facto, since they've already done it de jure??

I've noticed a good deal of post-conciliar Catholics think that they have authority over the clergy.  It's a whole movement to make the Church into a democracy, with those on the low end of the ladder doing the ruling.  They certainly have a good start with parish councils which have to approve every decision that the pastor makes before he can go through with it.  And yes, that's how my parish was for a long time.
I just wrote a publication that wants the Jesuits disbanded again.

Now we're even.
(10-08-2011, 12:59 PM)Louis_Martin Wrote: [ -> ]I just wrote a publication that wants the Jesuits disbanded again.

Now we're even.
Where may I find this publication?
Pages: 1 2