FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Year of Faith Proclaimed by Pope Benedict
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
From Vatican Radio, this morning's Mass at St. Peters.......

Pope Benedict XVI on Sunday declared a “Year of Faith” starting on October 11, 2012 to mark the 50th anniversary of the start of the Vatican II Council which approved key Catholic Church reforms.

“I would like to announce that I have decided to decree a year of faith,” the Pope said in his homily, addressing some 8,000 delegates taking part in a Vatican-hosted conference on evangelization at a mass in St Peter’s Basilica.

The year will start on October 11, 2012 and conclude on November 24, 2013 - the Solemnity of Christ the King.

“It will be a moment of grace and of engagement for an ever fuller movement towards God, to strengthen the faith in Him and to announce it with joy to modern man,” said the Pope, who often emphasizes the need for evangelization.
Isn't this redundant? Anyone who listens to the Pope enough to follow his declarations already has faith. In order to follow Catholic "year of"s, you have to be a Catholic and have faith in our Lord already. What an ambiguous, generic idea...
It is empty, but it sure SOUNDS good!
A year of which faith? Vatican II faith?
I thought it was controversial as it starts on the 50th anniversary of the opening of Vatican II.... considering the talks between the Vatican and the SSPX.
It appears to me Pope Benedict is saying something other than what it says on it's face. I'd rather not go out on a limb, but I sense he is sending a message.

tim
How about the year of cracking down on sodomite and anti-catholic clergy?  When do we get to do that one?
(10-16-2011, 05:26 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]How about the year of cracking down on sodomite and anti-catholic clergy?  When do we get to do that one?

LOL
(10-16-2011, 05:26 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]How about the year of cracking down on sodomite and anti-catholic clergy?  When do we get to do that one?

The year of the Flame

Bonfire
Isn't every year to be a year of faith?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6