FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Favorite Latin Prayer phrases... GO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Laudetur Jesus Christus! Hodie et semper.

Oremus Pro Invicem

Deus Vult

:grin:

procedamus...
I've always taken this as warning.

Hodie, si vocem ejus audieritis, nolite obdurare corda vestra, sicut in exacerbatione secundum diem tentationis in deserto: ubi tentaverunt me patres vestri, probaverunt et viderunt opera mea.

Today if you shall hear his voice, harden not your hearts: As in the provocation, according to the day of temptation in the wilderness: where your fathers tempted me, they proved me, and saw my works.

It's from Matins in the invitiatory.

tim
I've always found Aquinas' description of the "evening" of Christ's life particularly moving, in Verbum supernum prodiens:

Nec Patris linquens dexteram,
Ad opus suum exiens,
Venit ad vitae vesperam

The Word from Heaven now proceeding,
His Father's right hand never leaving,
Advancing to His proper work
Approached His life's final evening.

Being an evening/night-time man myself, I find this incredibly beautiful. He literally makes me see Christ coming into the darkness of a cave in Bethlehem. What a solemn, quiet, and mysterious Cosmos we live in, and we have only the blessed Trinity to thank for it.
Per eumdem Christum Dominum nostrum.

Per omnia saecula saeculorum.

Dignare et laudere te Virgo sacrata,
Da mihi virtutem contra hostes tuos.
O felix culpa quae talem et tantum meruit habere redemptorem

O happy fault that merited such and so great a redeemer
Domine, non sum dignus, ut intres sub tectum meum: sed tantum dic verbo, et sanabitur anima mea.

Nunc dimittis servum tuum, Domine...

Deus, tu conversus vivificabis nos, et plebs tua laetabitur in te

I honestly don't know wahat a prayer phrase means... is it like just a small part of  a longer prayer?  I'll do it that way

Laudans invocábo Dóminum, et ab inimícis meis salvus ero.

Iudica me, Deus, et discerne causam meam de gente non sancta: ab homine iniquo, et doloso erue me.

non nisi Te

Domine, non sum dignus

Magnificat anima mea Dominum
There are some great ones on here, keep em comin'!  :grin:
Pages: 1 2