FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: NO and V II
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
how should the NO be celebrated in order to make it in conformity with the intentions of the Council Vat II
Since the NO was not directly from VII, it's not entirely possible to answer that question.  VII did specifically mention Latin and Gregorian Chant, however, so we could start there.  The 1965 missal is probably more reflective of the intentions of Sacrosanctum Concilium than the NO, at least in terms of the document itself, although there were some odd things in that too.
Here's a link from a few years ago about this topic:

http://www.cantemusdomino.net/2003/05/20...anum-1965/
(11-02-2011, 11:14 AM)Anthem Wrote: [ -> ]Here's a link from a few years ago about this topic:

http://www.cantemusdomino.net/2003/05/20...anum-1965/
Are there any Churches that celebrat Mass according to this 1965 missal? I mean I don't understand why they didn't just keep the Mass the same and just allow it to be said in the language of the people.
Paul11b, neither do those of us on the ground at the time !  That Mass except for the ommission of the Final Gospel was organic in it's changes. In fact many 50 somethings that had never been to a TLM in their childhood think that Mass is the TLM. Confusion abounds. I have three siblings that think that, and I've never gone to war over it.

tm
Correct, timoose, and that mass, the 1965 mass is what the NO will eventually look like. That is what people will then call the "hybrid" mass, even though in effect, it will be no more than the "mass of VII".
I think they'll suppress the NO before they go back to the 65 missal.  Maybe not in our lifetimes, but it will happen.
(11-02-2011, 10:51 AM)a83192 Wrote: [ -> ]how should the NO be celebrated in order to make it in conformity with the intentions of the Council Vat II

The plain fact is that it can't. It contradicts so many of the explicit demands of the Vatican Council.
(11-02-2011, 12:52 PM)maldon Wrote: [ -> ]Correct, timoose, and that mass, the 1965 mass is what the NO will eventually look like. That is what people will then call the "hybrid" mass, even though in effect, it will be no more than the "mass of VII".

All the 1965 mass is just the 1962 TLM Missal translated into some English correct??  If the priest faces east again with no table, then I could deal with that, but I don;t think it will ever go back to that again!
Wow, the 1965 is beautiful... no sign of peace, no "Kingdom/Power/Glory", invocation of the saints after the Lord's Prayer... so much and I never got to see it and never will... thanks a lot, smoke of Satan. >:(
Pages: 1 2