FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: My wedding from 10/15/11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(11-13-2011, 06:01 PM)SaintRafael Wrote: [ -> ]I am not interested in derailing this thread. So more JFK, or other such things, or other examples.

MorganHiver himself commented on the dress and brought up the whole situation on modesty saying he founded it annoying, and told us that certain sacks were suggested. Since he brought it up, I could not sit back and not speak out on what the Church has said on this, with regard to guidelines and problems in dress. It's a hard truth that must be spoken. This things are occurring frequently in our Church weddings. It's an epidemic that must be corrected.

Be assured that I would tell any of you the same things in person that I am writing here on this forum. Of coarse I have enough tact not to cause a scene in public, but I would take any one of you here on this forum aside in private, and say these thing to you, face to face. I hope some priest or Catholic would do the same for me.

If the OP brings up a certain issue in his own thread, then it's all fair game.

Morgan brought up modesty in the context of saying that the priest was fine with it, as was the co-ordinator.  You need to learn some manners, that's really all I have to say about it.
(11-13-2011, 06:52 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]Morgan brought up modesty in the context of saying that the priest was fine with it, as was the co-ordinator.

AND he brought it up ONLY because Erin brought it up first. He was on the defense because he thought Erin's remark was serious, when it was really a joke.
Haha this is fantastic, isn't it? Yes, I defended my wife because I thought our values were being attacked. The coordinator showed us similar dresses to the ones my wife picked out and she also showed us some sacks. If the dress really was offensive to God then we would have been told that it was inappropriate and to pick another. I very much doubt that you'd have the nerve to comment on her decency to my face on my wedding day. We were all very stressed out from bad traffic and a delay on my shoes being stretched at the repair shop...I would not want to react in a disgraceful manner before God on our special day.
(11-13-2011, 07:18 PM)MorganHiver Wrote: [ -> ]Haha this is fantastic, isn't it? Yes, I defended my wife because I thought our values were being attacked. The coordinator showed us similar dresses to the ones my wife picked out and she also showed us some sacks. If the dress really was offensive to God then we would have been told that it was inappropriate and to pick another. I very much doubt that you'd have the nerve to comment on her decency to my face on my wedding day. We were all very stressed out from bad traffic and a delay on my shoes being stretched at the repair shop...I would not want to react in a disgraceful manner before God on our special day.

You and your bride look wonderful.  Hopefully whoever you invited to your wedding was more focused on enjoying man and woman being joined before God in a life-long vow than "standing up for church teaching on modesty" and "telling the hard truth" whatever the fffffff that means.
(11-13-2011, 07:18 PM)MorganHiver Wrote: [ -> ]I very much doubt that you'd have the nerve to comment on her decency to my face on my wedding day. We were all very stressed out from bad traffic and a delay on my shoes being stretched at the repair shop...I would not want to react in a disgraceful manner before God on our special day.

Nowhere did I say that I would comment on the dress on the actual wedding day. That's tactless. The wedding day is the wedding day, and there's nothing that can be done with regards to details about dress. I said I would privately discuss it face to face with people, but these things have to be done well before the wedding.

So there were details and issues with the dress. There are bigger problems in the world. There there are more serious problems that other Catholics are going through when it comes to getting married. I've got a more serious issue in my family with regards to weddings right now, as do many other Catholics. Wedding garments aside, you had a beautiful bride on that day and entered into a valid sacramental marriage with all the graces and blessings that come with that in the sacrament and in a TLM Mass. A rare and most beautiful Mass that most Catholics do not enjoy because of ignorance and/or the crisis in the Church.  
I'm shocked that the sight of a woman's shoulders would send some men into a masturbatory frenzy.  Talk about an abundance of black bile. 

Now that's scandalous.
hey.  I won a prize.  Huh.  ???
(11-13-2011, 09:57 PM)DrBombay Wrote: [ -> ]I'm shocked that the sight of a woman's shoulders would send some men into a masturbatory [Image: youbettayourlife.png].  Talk about an abundance of black bile. 

Now that's scandalous.

I'm shocked that the secret word was "masturbatory."
Ha. Congrats Dr. Bombay.

You make it seem as if these are somehow my own rules or guidelines for dress. They are not. They are standards of the Church. I merely state what the Church has said, not what I invented.

The FSSP priest explains the guidelines of the Church in the following sermon. The particular lengths in dress are covered after the 17th minute in the sermon:

http://www.audiosancto.org/sermon/200403...urity.html
(11-13-2011, 04:42 PM)SaintRafael Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-10-2011, 05:05 PM)MorganHiver Wrote: [ -> ]haha well, the whole modesty thing was sort of annoying. Infact, the coordinator did show us pictures of white wedding sacks! Just some awful, ugly dresses. She also tried to get my wife to hike up the dress to her throat but it just was not happening.

I'm sorry you find modesty so annoying. Yet, modesty is still modesty.  It's a hard virtue, and that is why many have a problem with modesty.

You likely don't have a clue about how truly ANNOYING it is to try to live up to modesty standards when trying to find wedding dresses. I truly doubt anyone here thinks that modesty qua modesty is "annoying," but trying to find clothes while fitting the definition -- most especially wedding dresses -- most certainly is.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7